Australian National Amateur Wine And Beer Show (anawbs) 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackbeard

Reaction score
Urgent attention all brewers and judges...

The Australian National Amateur Wine and Beer Show is almost upon us!

On behalf of the 2010 ANAWBS Committee I invite you all to submit your homebrews, or lend your hand as a judge or steward.

Beer entries are closing soon, with interstate entries due in to the depot by Thursday 9th of September and South Australia entries due in by the 16th.
(Huge apologies for the extra late notice, I thought I had posted information on AHB about this months ago but alas I can't find it anywhere :eek: ).

The event is co-hosted by two South Australian clubs, The Amateur Winemakers and Brewers Club of Adelaide and The Blackwood Winemakers and Brewers Club.

A post about the 2010 ANAWBS Mash Paddle can be found here http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...3&hl=anawbs

All information, including how to register and the 2010 schedule of classes, can be found on the show's website http://www.anawbs.org.au/

If you are interested in helping out as a judge or steward please apply asap http://www.anawbs.org.au/registration/beerjudge.html

Wish you all luck and hope that the tight deadline isn't too much of a hassle.

Cheers,
Tim.

I plead ignorant, didnt have any idea. Ultra late notice, an interstater wouldnt get an entry in on time would they. why the weeks difference between local and interstate?

Like some I know of, I would be interested in entering if I could drop of entry's at another location. Regency Park area for instance? Not sure if these idea's have been brought up before or have been done to death?I have entered in the wine section in the past and found it a PITA to get entry's to Magill. An hours drive almost. Was wondering why there is not more than one drop off point available, say somewhere in the northern suburbs? SABSOSA seems more accommodating.

BYB

Like some I know of, I would be interested in entering if I could drop of entry's at another location. Regency Park area for instance? Not sure if these idea's have been brought up before or have been done to death?I have entered in the wine section in the past and found it a PITA to get entry's to Magill. An hours drive almost. Was wondering why there is not more than one drop off point available, say somewhere in the northern suburbs? SABSOSA seems more accommodating.

BYB

A decent way out of my way too BYB but i made the trek only to find Winequip was shut when i dropped in.........

No entries in ANAWBS for me this year :(

A decent way out of my way too BYB but i made the trek only to find Winequip was shut when i dropped in.........

No entries in ANAWBS for me this year :(

Smurto, I'm planning a winequip drop prior to close off next week (likely on Monday afternoon) if you want to drop them by my place I can drop yours off as well.

BYB happy to do the same for you as well if you can get them to me before next monday?

No entries for me either, mine are all wrapped up in SABSOSA this year maybe next year. Went to ANAWBS presentation last year and it was a real hoot, might try and get there again this year. Winequip drop off is a bit of a pain but its better then not having one at all, I suppose, drop off point up north would be great thou :icon_cheers:

It would be great to see an earlier reminder next year and more drop off points in Vic - Resevoir is only really convenient if you are in the north.

Good luck with the comp - I will enter one of these days.

Brendo

ANAWBS - They do fantastic trophy's if you haven't already get yourself one and keep it by the door to fend of any would be burgulars!

Smurto, I'm planning a winequip drop prior to close off next week (likely on Monday afternoon) if you want to drop them by my place I can drop yours off as well.

BYB happy to do the same for you as well if you can get them to me before next monday?

Or if that is not convenient, get them to me as I will be at Holty's on Fri night, I can drop off with a few of mine next week.

seriously annoyed :angry: Take the time to go to Winequip to drop off entries and the bloody place is shut. For those Sa residents trying to enter don't bother going there today or Wednesday as they won't be open any other day perhaps call ahead. not sure I'll be able to enter now given the seriously limiting time to drop off and the ridiculously inconvenient location :( ...

Similar story at lunch today, ducked down to Magill with mine and RK's entries but to no avail. Winequip is closed all week.

However next door will accept the deliveries (they share the same warehouse area inside).

Problem was they were out to lunch also!

Have emailed ANAWBS direct for an alternative drop off point, will report back once I hear something.

(There were 4 people trying to drop off entries when I arrived today!)

heard a complaint of emails going unanswered yesterday aswell, need to find out what exactly is happening for judging aswell.
Have not filled out the online form for judging as I don't know which day would be best, if there is going to be one day when most will be there and we can get the most done then I will come that day, most likely saturday I guess.
the drop off has caused some issues clearly so i think we need to hear from a commitee member in this thread or something right away, I don't know who is in charge this year but be good to get some responses to these issues.

heard a complaint of emails going unanswered yesterday aswell, need to find out what exactly is happening for judging aswell.
Have not filled out the online form for judging as I don't know which day would be best, if there is going to be one day when most will be there and we can get the most done then I will come that day, most likely saturday I guess.
the drop off has caused some issues clearly so i think we need to hear from a commitee member in this thread or something right away, I don't know who is in charge this year but be good to get some responses to these issues.

definitely some issues. Really should be able to go into a business during business hours and find someone there.

I put in for judging on Friday all day but also for the sat/sun morning, I may have to pull out of either sat or sun. I'm assuming we'll find out about that once entries close off and if I can't get them in perhaps I can judge everything...

Similar story at lunch today, ducked down to Magill with mine and RK's entries but to no avail. Winequip is closed all week.

However next door will accept the deliveries (they share the same warehouse area inside).

Problem was they were out to lunch also!
I have contacted the ANAWBS president and have been advised that AR Black & Co. next door should be able to accept deliveries. If they are closed, please PM me and I will give you the contact number for the ANAWBS president, who suggests you may be able to drop beers at her work.

- Jonathan (President, AWBCA).

Sadly I'll be in Cairns during ANAWBS. Not that I've got any beers ready to enter anyway, but it would have been nice to judge again this year. Good luck to all.

OK, got off the phone with Trevor earlier, and he confirmed Black's Stainless (next door to Winequip) will be open all day tomorrow, 9 - 5, also confirmed by Mr Black himself. Both companies share the same warehouse.

So ANAWBS entries can still be dropped off at this location tomorrow.

Cheers!

Howdy guys,

As for the winequip problem, hopefully tomorrow is fine with no issues, otherwise I've offered for some people to drop them at my place, PM me or Rooting Kings for my address if needed.

Jayse: If you want to judge on saturday that would be great, some of the flights are looking a little full, I've had a hard time finding judges this year and have had to spread the judging fairly evenly over Friday Saturday and Sunday, but Saturday is still the busiest.
PM me your email or phone number and I'll get back to you asap.

Cheers, Tim.

done, cheers.

I will know what days and times I can do for sure early next week and will let you know, transport would be lovely aswell, I am in clearview, speak to you about that later anyway.

Best of luck to everyone entering ANAWBS this year.

I've taken a back step from organisation this year but Tim has had done a grand job pulling things together. I only had time to scratch myself and lend some IT support.

Sorry for the drop off point debacle, but if it's not a Qld or WA drama, it's SA! :rolleyes:

If anyone in SA missed getting their entries in due to Wineequip being closed, you're welcome to drop them to the judging venue at Waite on Monday. We'll be there from 10am for most of the day - Note the judging arrow on this map http://www.anawbs.org.au/presentation-day.html . Same place as last year. My mobile number is 0408 085601.

Cheers
Russ

Howdy again folks,

The judging weekend was a great success!

It would be great to see you all at the presentation day on Sunday 3rd of October at 1pm.
Entry is $10 and you receive a free glass and get to taste all of the wines and a selection of craft beers from South Australia.

Presentations will be at Waite Institute Urrbrae in the Charles Hawker Conference Centre - building 2.
You can find a map here - http://www.anawbs.org.au/presentation-day.html

Please PM me if you have queries.

Cheers,
Tim.

Thanks everyone for a great competition and the SAMBA beers on display were again fantastic.

Well done to all placegetters and it was great to see some fellow brewers at the presentation.

Results for 2010 can be found here

Cheers
Russ

Latest posts

Back