Australian Amateur Brewing Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kodos said:
Any feedback on the live tweeting? Not a huge response in the twittersphere, just want to make sure it's worth doing again.
I thought it was great, would have been better if you mentioned my name :), but for those fortunate enough to place I believe it would have been really enjoyable.

Well done.

Kodos said:
Any feedback on the live tweeting? Not a huge response in the twittersphere, just want to make sure it's worth doing again.
The tweeting of results was a great idea. It was very exiting watching them come up last night.

Good stuff, thanks guys, sorry we couldn't name everyone, only so many characters allowed in each tweet!

Next year I might try to work out a link that people can click that will go straight to a relevant search page or similar for those not on twitter.

I'm not sure when the final results will get posted - I'm pretty sure the comp sec will want to give it a triple check before putting it all out. It was a pretty huge effort from Charlie to get all the results entered into the spreadsheet and sorted between when judging finished Saturday and club night started.

Big shout out to the Westgate Brewers guys who stepped up to help us with stewarding, much appreciated. Especially those who started Saturday morning a bit dusty from their *cough* "research" the night before! :lol:

I didn't place either but was stoked to be in it..
Westgate came away with a two firsts and a third..
The bloke that got 7 placings at Vicbrew didn't get a cracker..just goes to show the vagaries of beer judging ...
I also hear that the 6 Westgaters that went up also got mentioned in dispatches ( tweeted) for all their efforts stewarding and judging ...bloody brilliant effort boys !
A very proud westgater here...

The bloke that got 7 placings at Vicbrew didn't get a cracker..just goes to show the vagaries of beer judging ...
I also hear that the 6 Westgaters that went up also got mentioned in dispatches ( tweeted) for all their efforts stewarding and judging ...bloody brilliant effort boys !

fergthebrewer said:
Ain't that the truth! I beat Beachy in two categories here at SABSOSA, winning both (Pale Lager and Pilsner (Pils was a 39 here..)), and neither placed at AABC. Stoked for Beachy though, he cleaned up!

Looking forward to next year!

Kodos said:
Hi Kodos,

While I didn't send any tweets, I was certainly following the results as they came out as I had a beer in the Bitter Ale category. Very much appreciated being able find out the results that night.

Cheers.

AJ80 said:
Any word on when the full results will be released?

Didn't expect a placing and was just stoked to qualify given I've been at this caper for less than a year!
Defo do it again next year please.

Good job!

Well done to Beachy taking champion brewer crown, and to SA for equal 2nd in state vs state.

Hoping to get an SA table over to Canbeera next year for the anhc too.

mate we all know the real comp is club night and i believe isb won it again.
if we win again next year can we rename it to isb night :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

fergthebrewer said:
Yup I came up with a donut. Very happy though to have placed well at Vicbrew. Obviously a beer needs to be good to win (or at least can't be bad) but at AABC there are undoubtedly many good beers. Would've loved to win but clearly other ones were judged to be better.

Well done to your Westgate crew as well Ferg.

Well done to all those that won - especially the Qld and SA crew!

Thanks hoser..your still state champ mate and that's an effort in itself !

Good show blokes.
Thanks to all involved.
Now I know what a Doctor of Divinity looks like.
I'm having dreams about Wig & Pen, Centenary...Venom...Armpit.

I still don't know how my beer went.
All good though. I'll drink the rest of the keg while I wait.

Has anyone seen Les?

Harry

Anyone know if the full results list has been posted anywhere?

Looks like the results are up on the website. Looks like one of mine is labelled as a different beer to what I entered??

Well done to all those that placed

A big congratulations to all placegetters and Thanks to all the judges.
Didn't win but I'm happy to have made it this far!

pretty happy, the scores were within rage of vic brew, which is better than my last 3 attempts :D

Harry Volting said:
Good show blokes.
Thanks to all involved.
Now I know what a Doctor of Divinity looks like.
I'm having dreams about Wig & Pen, Centenary...Venom...Armpit.

I still don't know how my beer went.
All good though. I'll drink the rest of the keg while I wait.

Has anyone seen Les?

Harry
I'm back on deck at work. Have battled most of my fatigue and overcome it.
Thanks to you (and Rennie) for some entertainment.
Please be notified that my keggle (Club Night Raffle prize) got back to Kastle Kurtz OK on the bus, and back to the fiery swamp by car on Sunday.
Great prize. Many thanks to the Canberra Brewers and the work they put in to make it all run so smoothly.
Also thanks for the judges gifts. I would have been happy with the fine ales, but the portable refractometer was a bonus, indeed.
Much respect to Dr K for hospitality and generosity, AND of course the Entertainment!
Beerz to all.
See you all again next year!

Latest posts

Back