Australian Amateur Brewing Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange thing is there are no posts about outcomes on AABC or West Coast Brewers Facebook pages. I get the impression the award ceremony didn't happen. The registration website now says awards is on Saturday 21st at 19:30 WA time.

I'm glad I didn't fly to WA for the ceremony that was meant to be last night!

Last edited:
The "Awards Ceremony" section of the site is a
Hmmm. Seems a shame. They had advertised one on http://aabc.westcoastbrewers.com/entry... must have cancelled:

Awards Ceremony
TBA
Sunday 15 October, 2017 at 19:30, SGT

That is mostly a hang up from the site software - You can't remove the "Awards Ceremony" section from the software/Website that we used for the QABC (same software as the AABC).......only change the date.

Surely this is a joke.... best part of a week to release results which are already known to the ones who attended!

Nobody knows the results except maybe the comp secs. I know the entry numbers of the beers I put in first second and third, that's it. Actually it's not even that because as if I remember entry numbers from 70 beers ago.

Live results are great (when there is an awards ceremony which usually only happens for ANHC years), quick results are great the rest of the time, but I'll reiterate a point I've made in years previous: you have no idea how hard this shit is with varied volunteer time and usually 1-5 people max helping prep till you do it yourself.

There's always room for improvement, and honest, fair feedback is warranted and welcome (especially directly to the organisers rather than to the ether on a forum) but the best thing you can do to improve the future of the AABC is get tangibly involved in its success by coming to judge/steward and to help organise when it hits your state. (and also read the style guidelines for detail requirements on specialties/meads etc...srsly people)

Nobody knows the results except maybe the comp secs. I know the entry numbers of the beers I put in first second and third, that's it. Actually it's not even that because as if I remember entry numbers from 70 beers ago.

Live results are great (when there is an awards ceremony which usually only happens for ANHC years), quick results are great the rest of the time, but I'll reiterate a point I've made in years previous: you have no idea how hard this shit is with varied volunteer time and usually 1-5 people max helping prep till you do it yourself.

There's always room for improvement, and honest, fair feedback is warranted and welcome (especially directly to the organisers rather than to the ether on a forum) but the best thing you can do to improve the future of the AABC is get tangibly involved in its success by coming to judge/steward and to help organise when it hits your state. (and also read the style guidelines for detail requirements on specialties/meads etc...srsly people)
Cheers for the info and again your involvement. I think that there are a lot of pationate people here and looking for info or details on the AABC schedule over the weekend and outcomes. Anyway, your right, it's probably not the place to bleet.. I just read the Merri Mashers comp thread and hope that this stays on point. Anyway, I think a wise man once said something along the line that maybe everyone should relax and enjoy a homebrew.[emoji481]

Cheers Buddy :group:

Judges definitely don't see the gravities or your yeast choice. TBH I'm not entirely sure if that data is collated anywhere or if it's simply always been on the entry form so it continues to be.

Gravity is used by the organisers to figure out the appropriate serving order, it it is generally not presented to the judges. That said, if a judge was to ask what the gravity was, they will usually be told by the stewards. I've been on judging tables before where we have asked the question particularly if we have suspected that an entry was presented in the wrong category.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back