Aussie Brew Tree's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgriffin

Reaction score
This thread is a bit of an expression of interest, and a fishing expedition.

I've recently been introduced to someone who is a welder and also has a large source of stainless vessels that seem remarkably similar to SS brew kegs *cough*

He's currently using them to make mega stills for people, but i asked if he would be keen to make some brew tree's instead.

Now we've all seen how expensive the american brew tree's are, and if i can guarantee enough interest, and the right amount for his effort, he may start producing an aussie version of the brew tree instead.

So, how much would people be willing to pay, what kind of setup would people be looking for etc?

Show them a few piccies of whats around , then let them give an estimate of how much they may cost. I know I would probably be interested.

cheers
johnno

John,

Are we talking a complete AG setup or just a brew sculpture ?

I'd be interested in finding out more about a brew sculpture especially something like this one that is also collapsable for storage and adjustable for the heights of the tiers so it can be changed from three tier to two tier and also allow for changing equipement sizes.

How is that for a wish list :lol:
Food for thought.

Beers,
Doc

sculpture_9.jpg

Bump.

Any news/progress John ?

Beers,
Doc

im interested in the brew sculpture, but i think im more so interested in the stills.

Do you have a pic of any stills he has made, and what he charges?

Cheers

Sorry, i've been having trouble getting hold of him.

I explained the concept to him last night, he's going to go away and add up the cost of materials etc and work out how much he thinks it will cost. Should be back in a couple of days.

OK, the 50L rubbing alcohol stills apparently produce 95% pure alcohol, and are around $600 each.

jgriffin said:
OK, the 50L rubbing alcohol stills
hehehe Rubbing alcohol.. Thats a pretty good loop hole!! damn government limmiting still sizes able to be sold in OZ

id be interested in some pics.

There is a stainless steel company somewhere in qld i think that does them for about $500, but id still like to look into it.

This would not be something to post pics of on this site , or any site for that matter.
Perhaps PM jgriffin about this

If you do get pics , email them to me as well , I am also interested

Batz

Back