Auber Ezboil

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glomp

Reaction score
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=53&products_id=560

I am getting pretty close to ordering some more components for my brewing panel and I came across this which almost seems to be too good to be true.

It can be used for both mashing, boiling and a HLT.

With mashing Auber say that it can be used straight out of the box and doesn't have the difficulties of setting up a pid.

In boil mode it brings the kettle to the boil and then cuts back so there is no spill over. It also has a rotary knob that can control your boil vigour.

From their site.

"This controller was developed based on our Digital SSR Power Regulator (DSPR1). It provides linear and uniform power output with 1% resolution. The power adjustment is done with a rotary encoder that is easier to operate than the press button adjustment type. The major improvements of this new controller are the addition of temperature sensor input and programmable timer function. Unlike DSPR1, the built-in temperature measurement capability allows temperature-triggered power output adjustment as well as the timed output shut-off."
Does anyone have any experience with it>

Cheers Jim

Great find thanks for sharing

Will await comments

This would be perfect for me. Trying to build a small 1v system but my current element is far too powerful

Looks good I'de have to get one & throw myself in the deep end
then work it out

Want to do a 1v as well recon this would do the job bit cheaper than the SYL-2352P

Any Auber people out there care to comment about the diff between the 2

I use an Auber 2352 and 2352P in my setup and while the ramp/soak unit is great for stepped mashing it doesn't have a manual output like the 2352 to control the element, so you would still need something to control the boil.

Still trying to figure out the best option for my 1v build

The ezboil cant automatically do step mashing temps is this correct ?

If I went the 2352P pid I dont think I would need to throttle back my element 2400 W five star job
used in a 50L keggle & a BigW 19L pot for malt pipe ?

All comments welcomed as Im about to spend the cash & would like to get it right

rude said:
Still trying to figure out the best option for my 1v build

The ezboil cant automatically do step mashing temps is this correct ?

If I went the 2352P pid I dont think I would need to throttle back my element 2400 W five star job
used in a 50L keggle & a BigW 19L pot for malt pipe ?

All comments welcomed as Im about to spend the cash & would like to get it right
Go the 2352.
Best of both worlds.

Looking at the 2352 I don't think it has programmable steps

The 2352P has 30 programmable steps

Back