Ashes 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They reckon Clarke has come on this week and will be right. I get the feeling if Harris was fitter, he'd be in front of Johnson. But as it is today, you would expect Bollinger to get the call up.

I hope your right Josh,
Test 2 and Bollinger gets a go. We need to get twenty wickets. Small ground, lots of runs unless we can knock em over.
C'monstraya!
Daz

So I will be on the hill tomorrow (Sat) at the Test.

Mayor of Mildura will be there also.

Should be a good (but bl00dy hot) day!

Any others brewers if attending, come find me on the hill :icon_cheers:

Good start. :(

Glad to see some changes in the bowling. Let's hope North can justify his place but I'm not holding my breath.

So I will be on the hill tomorrow (Sat) at the Test.

Mayor of Mildura will be there also.

Should be a good (but bl00dy hot) day!

Any others brewers if attending, come find me on the hill :icon_cheers:

Hopefully the game won't be over by the time you get to the hill.

Well at 3 for 3 after 2 overs... Katich diamond duck, Punter 1st baller and now Clarke gone for 1.

Doh!

Well at 3 for 3 after 2 overs... Katich diamond duck, Punter 1st baller and now Clarke gone for 1.

Doh!

this is really hurting... co-worker as a pom with $100 on the series... not fun

I'm not giving up yet. Anything could happen today. Our boys will regroup and come out angry.
Bollinger and Siddle the keys They must pitch up and we must take every half chance.
We have another dig to make good and so many have something to prove.We can do it.
Daz

It was tough work today... Adelaide Oval is an absolute road. Back home with proper beer helps the pain...

We are certainly being exceptional in the field of mediocrity. <_<

We have been pummelling sides for years though. Lets hope our lads show some more fight than todays efforts...

Disgusting batting. Hughes was already out of form and lucky to be selected. Ponting has been out caught in the cordon all series. Clarke is playing away from his body like a 5th grader in the Moore Park comp. Smith looked out of his depth, but to be fair, he was coming in under all sorts of pressure and has age on his side.

Hussey has turned things around and is the form bat in the side. He and Haddin get pass marks on what looks to be a pretty good deck for batting. While Johnson performed above expectations.

Buggered if I know where we go from here. Our batting and bowling aren't as good as England's. That I can live with. But never in my lifetime have we been worse in the field than the poms. Ponting had the chance to snaffle Strauss on 0 but didn't have the confidence to come forward. There was plenty of time to evaluate the chance and he couldn't. Maybe that's fair enough. But I'm sure Collingwood or Swann would have snaffled it. And no doubt Ponting 6 years ago would have too.

The only safe positions as I see it are:
1. Watson
5. Hussey
7. Haddin

All good points fella.

Khawaja & Fergi need to be thrust into the side, blood some more youth.

The batsmen have one more chance this game then heads could very well fly!

Reverse batting order could be the go in the 2nd dig. :lol:

Mitchell Johnson! might pull us out of the shit yet, 4 wickets and another to Hilfy. 5/101 go you good thing.

Mitchell Johnson! might pull us out of the shit yet, 4 wickets and another to Hilfy. 5/101 go you good thing.

On day two 20 wickets gone. This dig could be the be and end all of the series, we could get some momentum and confidence.
Johnson was pumped and had a point to prove and he certainly did.Harris went really well as did Hilfy. Yey!
Now if we could hit the ball into a gap once in a while we may score some runs. Top order must surely do something this time.
Daz

Top order has left it to Watson and Hussey. Still 3 down with a 200 lead is a great position to be in.

Top order has left it to Watson and Hussey. Still 3 down with a 200 lead is a great position to be in.

We could very well pants England in this game without a contribution from 2, 3 or 4. Ponting deserves to lead the team for the whole series. But I'd be getting the streamers ready in Sydney cos this really should be a farewell tour.

Clarke is only 29 and has the potential to force his way back into the side. But he is terribly out of form. And as one of his biggest fans, it could be time to give him the flick too.

The other opener is the interesting selection issue. They showed faith in Hughes and now that they've gone that way, he should see out the series. But if he can't make runs in Melbourne or Sydney Watson will be looking for another partner. I can't see Kat making it back into the side at 35. Marsh is probably the next in line, but here's a bolter: Mark Cosgrove. He scored a big hundred against Victoria early in the season and is opening against WA this week and is 90* in Tasmania's score of 1/146 in reply to WA's 108. Cosgrove is only 26 and has a lot of experience playing in England as well as Shield cricket.

:icon_offtopic: Remember this name: Tom Beaton

Back