Ashes 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and another... sweeet!!! 2 fa

Pom's have got footprints all over em' selves ATM

Well that's just silly. If ever there was a sort that suited brew days it's test cricket... :)

here, here... i'd love to take the day off tomorrow and spend the day at home alone punching out a double batch perusing the cricket. What a great day that would be B)

Heard the hatrick on the radio on the drive home from work. had to run from the car to the lounge room to see the upstairs decision. SWMBO didn't know wht was going on with a screech of the tyres me running up the stairs yelling out put it on channel 9 put it on channel nine. :D

Hmm, I'd say it's safe to say that it was a mistake to elect to bat.
Actually I'd say it isn't safe to say that until at least after Australia's innings, especially given our shocking record against the swinging ball in recent times...

A good day at the cricket yesterday.
A bit slow in the middle stages but then they got what they deserved.
Siddle was the highlight of course. From the start of that over he seemed to have lifted a notch then three rocket balls.The crowd went nuts.
Lowlights, Doherty's dropped catch and leaving the ground so quick because of sun shower.
Aussie openners looked solid. First two balls from Swann went to the fence. Runs for the taking today if the rain holds off.

Poo-poo to the Gabba.
Security policy and cops = no fun. Its getting worse There were no horns, whistles, clackers, no kids with bats and stuff to sign, probably two beach balls seen all day. Plastic cup of xxxx gold $6.60. Ground sold out but 5 bays of empty seats in the members outside area.
Daz

Hmm, I'd say it's safe to say that it was a mistake to elect to bat.

Just ask Nasser Hussain whether it's a good idea to bowl on a greenish Gabba wicket. If the top order applied itself, they could have put on 450+ on that deck.

Clarke didn't look fit. But Hussey was a pleasure to watch this afternoon. We should go about 150 past their score tomorrow before we have half a session at them in the afternoon.

Great day for a brewday watching test cricket :)
A pils in the fridge, an alt underway and Australia carving them up.

Doh! That ones a missed opportunity. A very disappointing result. We had em for a while.
Missed the $11.00 plus for a draw on Tuesday as well.
What changes for SA?
Keep Katich , North, Doherty?

Daz

What changes for SA?
Keep Katich , North, Doherty?

Daz

If you listened to the twats in the commentary box Johnson would be gone. Quite obvious the pitch got better for batting as the game progressed, although 1 fa 500 odd is pretty poor.

What's the adelaide pitch like???????????

Adelaide pitch is traditionally conducive to some swing early on day 1, but then flattens to an absolute road for 3 days then day 4-5 turns medium to large amounts.

The main issue is the groundsmen dragging arse and preparing shit pitches rather than sticking with the tried and true traditional pitches of Oz...

For my 2c:

Out: North & Johnson
In: Khuwaja (sp?) & Bollinger

You could easily drop Clarke (and bring in Smith for extra spin bowling) also as he aint quite right atm...

Looking forward to Sat, I will be there on the hill.

Adelaide pitch is traditionally conducive to some swing early on day 1, but then flattens to an absolute road for 3 days then day 4-5 turns medium to large amounts.

The main issue is the groundsmen dragging arse and preparing shit pitches rather than sticking with the tried and true traditional pitches of Oz...

For my 2c:

Out: North & Johnson
In: Khuwaja (sp?) & Bollinger

You could easily drop Clarke (and bring in Smith for extra spin bowling) also as he aint quite right atm...

Looking forward to Sat, I will be there on the hill.

They reckon Clarke has come on this week and will be right. I get the feeling if Harris was fitter, he'd be in front of Johnson. But as it is today, you would expect Bollinger to get the call up.

Back