Are You A Sunday Morning Masher?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
The stockmaket is crashed the banking system is broken ,the superannuation is stuffed but..........

Mashing early on a Sunday morning ,

watching the sun grab the horizon with both hands an pull itself up into a crimson sunrise,

Is one of the true pleasures in life ,that cannot be taken away from the true Craft brewer .

Are you a Sunday morning masher ?

Pumpy :)

The stockmaket is crashed the banking system is broken ,the superannuation is stuffed but..........

Mashing early on a Sunday morning ,

watching the sun grab the horizon with both hands an pull itself up into a crimson sunrise,

Is one of the true pleasures in life ,that cannot be taken away from the true Craft brewer .

Mashing as we speak. Lovely morning to and all.

BYB

80+% of my brewing is on Sunday. Average every second Sunday. Have everything set up on Saturday, and start heating the water at 5.50 am and usually have two batches brewed and cleaned up by 12. 45 pm. Unfortunately not brewing today :(

Never

Batz

Yep, just finished mashout and about to pull the bag out on my NS Summer Ale to-be.

Cheers,

Soz

80+% of my brewing is on Sunday. Average every second Sunday. Have everything set up on Saturday, and start heating the water at 5.50 am and usually have two batches brewed and cleaned up by 12. 45 pm. Unfortunately not brewing today :(

Thats OK its most likely not your second Sunday ;)

BYB

Love the Sunday mash session. I have the urn on a timer, so I just wander down & mash in around 5.30am, then take the hounds for gallop along the empty beach before lautering with a stong coffee & a Sun-Herald.
James

Just got up comtemplating the mash in, i say contemplating cause im a tad hungover nothing serious just a tad light on the nogan...its looking mighty overcast hear in melb no beautifull sunrise to grab so i might have to checvk BOM first to see if its going to rain.

As we speak :)
I normally start earlier but the alarm clock (kids) gave me a sleep in (normally never happens!) so starting now, a nice LCBA clone (Tony's from the RecipeDB).

Thinking about it most of mine lately has been on sundays...

looking good, waters nearly at 70c so im gonna put my case swap down.

Generally I brew in the evening when kids are in bed!

But this morning I took the opportunity and have a Pils mashing at this moment.

C&B
TDA

Well it seems I'm a Sunday morning masher but not so much a sunday boiler.... Just mashed a weizen and on transferring the second runnings to the kettle I left it for a few minutes and came back to find the transfer hose had come off the kettle tap..... 55 litres of weizen all over the shed floor f#%K!!!! :excl:

What a waste of 55 litres of beer and 3 hours. Its going to take me longer than that to clean the friggin shed out.

edit: rage spulling

Did not get my early Sunday morning start, but the strike water is heating now :)

Delay was caused by a distraction in building a dip-stick to measure the in kettle volumes so I can get my pre-boil and pre-chiller volumes accurately. Used a flat aluminium strip and a dremmel tool to engrave marks and volumes. Looks like it will work a treat.

Well it seems I'm a Sunday morning masher but not so much a sunday boiler.... Just mashed a weizen and on transferring the second runnings to the kettle I left it for a few minutes and came back to find the transfer hose had come off the kettle tap..... 55 litres of weizen all over the shed floor f#%K!!!! :excl:

What a waste of 55 litres of beer and 3 hours. Its going to take me longer than that to clean the friggin shed out.

edit: rage spulling

:eek:
Deepest sympathies mate :(

C&B
TDA

horrible sunday nooch, sorry to hear you had to live out every brewers worst dream. surely just clean up and hit the piss.

Yes reeeeeeeeally not impressed. Glad I didn't double decoct it like I was thinking of doing... I probably would have ended it there and then if I had!

I've got a 2 litre starter of 3068 sitting ready for it as well. Oh well looks like it'll be take 2 next weekend after I go out and buy some new disconnects for the entire system. It won't happen again!

Looks like its off to buy some Schneider Weisse this after noon to mourn what should have been.

Thanks for the sympathy guys.

nOOch, that cause me to have a very, dead feeling in my insides. A very sad tale indeed. There is always next time which is a great thing about brewing.

Since working shift work I seldom manage to but I do agree with you Pumpy.
Early rise to catch the early rays is best time of the days.
If I only was a morning person LOL

You all sit back now and enjoy the fruit of your labour. :)

Since working shift work I seldom manage to but I do agree with you Pumpy.
Early rise to catch the early rays is best time of the days.
If I only was a morning person LOL

You all sit back now and enjoy the fruit of your labour. :)

Well it's 7mins until 1st hop addition....enjoying a nice amarillo ale and stippling away while I'm waiting for everything to go as planned.
Oh and I finally fixed my efficiency issue, up 10% to 75% this morning too, it's a great day. :)

Since starting AG brewing about 8 odd weeks ago, All my brew days have been on Sunday's, just finishing my second mash about to boil.

Having just started, I think brewing on sunday I have the big man on my side

Ha ha

Happy brewing all

Cede

Back