Arduino Micro Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sims_l22

Reaction score
I want to automate my home brew system. I have been looking at the Arduino Board and USB Cable. Here is the URL. for the Arduino Product. http://arduino.cc/ It cost around 40 dollars and is quite useful. you can program it to take temps controls , set spark igniters, time Mash, time strike water , time kettle boil. and so forth. Has anyone used this product yet.
Thanks

I'm teaching an after-school electronics/robotics course with them.
But in the interest of full-disclosure - despite having all the parts to automate my HLT water temperature, and having built the circuit, I am yet to put it together. *sigh*

You can buy an Arduino board for a fair bit less than $40.
It's not necessary to buy a brand-name one. It's an open platform, so the clones are almost identical to the originals.

A good local store for them is Core Electronics in Sydney. CE graciously gave us a good discount on the parts-kit for our school course.
BTW: Core Electronics also sells quite nice stainless steel float switches.

I buy mine from DX.com usually the nano versions for about 6 dollars each. Alternatively I buy from seeedstudio. I am interested in the wireless"spark core" Arduino compatible wifi device but these will be on order until January, WiFi programming sounds great to me.

Search for "Bonjuino", Bonj was using Arduino ages ago.

If you want to look at automation I would look at the embedded concepts setup.

Back