Arduino Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hrrrmmm that would give me a massive phone bill. Even though this might be useful for some, I am a firm believer of the old saying "KISS".

Appeals to both my beer hobbies and my nerdy hobbies.

RE phone bill comment I hope that doesn't mean you still use dialup internet access!!!

oh man that's cool!

If I could have a system to tell me what temp the fridge is set, how many litres remain and when they where poured all on a nice graph on my pc/andriod..... cool!

or even being able to control temps on fermenting fridge remotely.. better get out the old soldering iron!

RE: phone bill,,, heheheh dial up! lol

I've been playing with these flow sensors lately

http://www.futurlec.com.au/Flow_Sensor.jsp

Cheap, decent accuracy, stainless turbine... and made of Acetal Copolymer which is food grade-ish.

Could be used for beer lines on a keg, but I plan to use it for measuring volume into my BIAB pot, with a solenoid valve on the water line to start/stop it.

I could in theory remotely tell my system to fill the pot to 30L and heat to 71C before I get home from work :)

I agree with Amber Fluid, over engineering something for the sake of it seems like a waste of time to me. I suppose if I ran a commercial bar I might be interested in keeping track of keg usage but for home, why bother?

I could in theory remotely tell my system to fill the pot to 30L and heat to 71C before I get home from work :)

Or you could fill the pot the night before and set a cheap timer & thermostat to heat the pot to 71C an hour before you get home. ;)

I hear ya, and employ the KISS principle 99% of the time (I'm still doing 1v BIAB, single infusion, hoisting bag by hand!).

I enjoy playing with the Arduino, merely to keep my brain active and have fun.

...I suppose if I ran a commercial bar I might be interested in keeping track of keg usage but for home, why bother?

Because I can!?! if I applied the KISS principle to everything i'd still be brewing Kits :blink:

Everything should be over engineered where ever possible. It's fun, and it Sparks ideas in other people of how they can then adapt the idea and produce something simple for the masses. That simple thing then inspires the over engineering of something new, and the cycle repeats.

Plus, it's cool.

http://www.kegbot.org

Got most of the bits, just gotta get it soldered together, and some flow sensors...

I reckon there would be some ahbers who have already done it...

http://www.kegbot.org

Got most of the bits, just gotta get it soldered together, and some flow sensors...

I reckon there would be some ahbers who have already done it...

assuming as you are talking about soldering that you went for the kegboard shield? did you source it direct? also which flow controllers did you go for?

edit: the android app for that looks pretty sweet.

You could possibly use a microswitch on the taps so you didn't have to use the flow switch.

I already know how much i drink
Dont need something to tell me i drink too much

Back