Anyone Tried Old Fart (uk Beer) Yet?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddywillwill

Reaction score
has anyone else tried the OLD FART beer from the UK( Dan Murphy's sell it) next to the holy Grail or sorry its holy ail?

i bought it drunk it, nice, dry alittle bit sweet over tones. but a good beer with a funny name.

Thoughts?

Bought a bottle recently along with the Holy Grail.

The Holy Grail was utter crap, don't waste your money. The Old Fart had a bit more flavour which resembled an ESB. A little unbalanced. Much nicer ESB's around. Will not be buying again.

Had it a few months ago, didn't really think that much of it, just not a very exciting beer IMO

ow yeah def. had better beers though. just mainly thought the name was funny.

has anyone else tried the OLD FART beer from the UK( Dan Murphy's sell it) next to the holy Grail or sorry its holy ail?

i bought it drunk it, nice, dry alittle bit sweet over tones. but a good beer with a funny name.

Thoughts?

You're lucky, my local Dan's hardly stocks any UK beers these days, and certainly not old fart or holy grail - that's what happens when Woolworth's runs the place. However, Purvis Cellars still stocks both of these, and I've tried both recently.
Old Fart - OK beer at best, its just a gimmick and sells beer on the strength of the label.
Holy Grail - looks like a gimmick, I was worried it wouldn't live up to it's brand's reputation but i actually thought it was pretty good. I like Black Sheep Ale, Old Peculier as well, I'm sure the Theakston brothers wouldn't make anything that was less than above average.

Local bottlo (Hazelbrook) puts a big chalkboard sign up every weekend saying "Old Fart Beer" on the highway (major tourist route through the Blue Mountains) and stocks a few british imports - i reckon they sell a few every weekend from passing traffic quite easily just because of the name!

Back