Anyone think Newman will make it to the next election?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clutch

Brew your own beer, you'll save money.
Reaction score
I'm dearly hoping that Fuehrer Newman will have the LNP's "full backing and support" before the 2015 election.
For the LNP'S definition of "full backing and support" please see Ros Bates, Scott Driscoll, et al.

The rise of this Sir Joh Jnr and his ilk is not a thing to be welcomed in QLD.

If they push through the payrise he will be gone. Us Queenslanders are really pissed off with the rises in electricity and insurance prices. If the Polies think they will get away with such a scam they are seriously out of touch.

******* QLD*! The pollie's pay rise, as a proportion of the public purse will be relatively insignificant, but that's what will undo him?
Don't get me wrong, he's not worth the kind of coin he's after, but after he's fucked your Department of health, ripped the guts out of disability support, wants small government everywhere except your bedrooms, huge cuts to the arts, axed the tenants advice and advocacy service, wouldn't support the NDIS (not sure if he has now?), won't sign up for Gonski, yanked state funding for Australia's largest solar energy project ... Should I continue?

Those are are things that affect the quality of life for ordinary QLDers far more than a poxy pay rise, but that's what's got everyone worked up? You should have done an Arab spring on the c@#t a year ago. By the time QLD recovers from delivering Newman such an enormous majority, the money he's chasing wont seem that important.

*I'm not racist against QLDers, some of my favourite bands come from there.

Stupid qld. If the state I live in wasn't so dependant on the gst revenue they provide I'd say **** off and leave the commonwealth. Wa too. If the state I live in wasn't so dependant on that gst revenue.

I thought we voted him in for a term so all the Victorians would go back to Victoria?

Edit- I am sure to get a like from TidalPete for this post. :lol:

Is this a feckin beer forum or a feckin coffee club... Politics... For feck sake !!

Welcome to NSW. They are doing there best to gut the state here as well

bradsbrew said:
I thought we voted him in for a term so all the Victorians would go back to Victoria?
Haha! It would have sent me scurrying, that's for sure!!

Droopy said:
Is this a feckin beer forum or a feckin coffee club... Politics... For feck sake !!
It's a beer forum, but this is the off topic area, which, by definition precludes the discussion of beer. Please take your beer discussion elsewhere.

I lost a very good local member due to the reactionary vote last election.
Also, people like this guy, who was stocking shelves at woolies before being elected and says "anythink" in ordinary speech, are a classic example of voting gone wrong.

Is it just from afar that it looked as though the electorate were pretty much punishing federal labour? Talk about cut off your nose to spite your face!

Phil Mud said:
Is it just from afar that it looked as though the electorate were pretty much punishing federal labour? Talk about cut off your nose to spite your face!
IMO, it was to punish at state level for the way they stuffed the health system, did not maintain infrastructure and sold off most utilities etc etc. problem is we do not have another option at the moment, have you seen the opposition. Unfortunately a Tarago has more seats than QLD opposition and a 62 falcon has more options.

bradsbrew said:
IMO, it was to punish at state level for the way they stuffed the health system, did not maintain infrastructure and sold off most utilities etc etc. problem is we do not have another option at the moment, have you seen the opposition. Unfortunately a Tarago has more seats than QLD opposition and a 62 falcon has more options.
I have to admit, I hadn't paid much attention to the Bligh Government - I was impressed by her response during the floods, but that's not enough I realise. I couldn't even name the opposition leader, but I hope for their sake they're a journeyman because they have a couple more terms in the wilderness.

Fukin Newman. Successive governments before him made qld the place to go to (rather than the place to be, Victoria) and he's fucked it in a year.

Phil Mud said:
I couldn't even name the opposition leader, but I hope for their sake they're a journeyman because they have a couple more terms in the wilderness.
nobody can name her because her surname is Palaszczuk.

Phil Mud said:
It's a beer forum, but this is the off topic area, which, by definition precludes the discussion of beer. Please take your beer discussion elsewhere.
It's kinda sad watching one attempt to fit their entire vocabulary into a sentence.

Droopy said:
It's kinda sad watching one attempt to fit their entire vocabulary into a sentence.
Don't be mad. I hear some ladies don't mind a guy with a little vocabulary. If you keep looking I'm sure you'll get your dictionary wet one day.

Droopy said:
Chewy?! Must've voted.

Well Labor managed to get Queensland into $83 billion debt. Bit of a challenge to sort that out.

They reckon with the payrise Cambell will be on the same kind of money as Barrack Obama don't know where they came up with that fact though. Never trust the broadcasters or pollies

Tropical_Brews said:
Well Labor managed to get Queensland into $83 billion debt. Bit of a challenge to sort that out.

They reckon with the payrise Cambell will be on the same kind of money as Barrack Obama don't know where they came up with that fact though. Never trust the broadcasters or pollies

Same went for Costello's bullshit debt figure mate.

Latest posts

Back