• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Anyone know where I can get Hops rhizomes in Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpcw

Reaction score
I'm looking for a bunch of Hops rhizomes. Not fussy about what types as long as they will grow in the Lower Chittering area. Got a 5acr property so after a few. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

I've got some cascade and pride of ringwood lying around.
Pm me if you're interested.

There was a bloke down Denmark way Rupert I think his name was

He had heaps for sale years ago not sure if he is still doing it

just did a google with his name, he is from Albany,see how you go there are threads on here about him

I can get you an email and you can ask if they have any this year

simo hart said:
I can get you an email and you can ask if they have any this year
Thanks Simo, I think I found an email searching through the forum and I sent them a message but it was from a rather old post so if you could send it through I'll check if I have the correct one.

Hi,
Rupert Ward used to run HOPSWEST. He was great and I got most of my original stock from him, before 2006.
He has sold the business to the Butlers, maybe a few years ago, and since then all the rhizomes I have bought from them have died.
Sad to say, because I can't send hops across to WA due to Quarantine restrictions.
Sorry I can't help, but I thought this advice was relevant.
If you're not in WA or TAsmania, or youknow someone who's not in WA or TAS who can buy them on your behalf, then you will find a listing of varieties and remaining rhizomes for sale on www.nelsen.com.au
Cheers,
Nelsen

Simo, do you think you could send me that email too. I've been trying to find rhizomes for a while now too.

When they start to shoot new bines you may be able to get someone from other states to send you stem cuttings to propagate and bypass the WA root and soil quarantine regulations. I don't know though that might still not be allowed.

Back