Anyone Interested in Bulk Apple Juice From Nudie Juice?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New_guy said:
I have had lots of great feedback from others here and have been in contact with Harcourt Juice / Cider Makers

http://www.whitegumapples.com.au/contact.htm

They have quoted $1.40/lt for either apple or pear juice - preservative free unpasteurised from the orchard
It's a bit of a drive from Melbourne but that's my plan
Will they fill up a cube for you or will it come in the 2lt/15lt catering packs?
I noticed that the bottled stuff has potassium sorbate in it.

treefiddy said:
Will they fill up a cube for you or will it come in the 2lt/15lt catering packs?
I noticed that the bottled stuff has potassium sorbate in it.

Nah mate not bottles - take your cubes and they will fill them with juice - they press the juice once a week and told me they need a weeks notice
Just tell them how much you want and take you containers / cubes etc and your good to go

I think I may just take them up on that over Easter.

Thanks muchly for the heads up!

I would be keen for 60 litres, ( up to 100L if the price was good ) can supply a cube, and I'll chip in for petrol if you are picking it up.

From the harcourt website.
All fruit is washed and graded (sorting table-grade fruit from juice-grade fruit) prior to being placed in 350 kg bulk bins where it is then transported to our coolstores.

I would be interested to see if we could get a few people to go in, and buy a 350 kilo bulk bin of a good cider apple.

I'd be up for 20-40 L too. I have a car so anyone considering going up - let me know if you are in the neighbourhood (North-eastern suburbs) and I'll swing you some beer and petrol money.

manticle said:
I'd be up for 20-40 L too. I have a car so anyone considering going up - let me know if you are in the neighbourhood (North-eastern suburbs) and I'll swing you some beer and petrol money.
Manticle
I am in the same area as you, I am keen for 30 odd liters - I am pretty sure you have to pick it up on a weekday and I am flat out with work right now. I aim to try n get up there in the next few weeks.

I will post here when i have a date / time If anyone wants me to pick them up some juice - lets know but I have a sedan - can only fit a few cubes in the boot

Do anyone what the ratio of apple/pear juice should be ??
I've been told pear has non fermentable sugars that that improve sweetness
? 75% apple / 25% pear

I'll be going straight apple for mine but it really depends on whether you want any pear flavour coming through or just that hint of residual sweetness. When I have crushed/blitzed my own apples I have used maybe 20% pear and nashi and not detected the flavour in the final batch. Still fermented out close to 1.000

Sounds good - I am not in a major rush but like to ferment ciders in the cooler months.

So in normal bulk buy tradition, should we start a list.

Put your name, suburb and the quantity below.

WillCowan - Thornbury - 60 to 100 Litres

manticle - North Eastern Burbs - 20 to 40 Litres.

New_guy - Same Area - 30ish Litres

WillCowan - Thornbury - 60 to 100 Litres

manticle - North Eastern Burbs - 20 to 40 Litres.

New_guy - Same Area - 30ish Litres
Djar007 30 litres. Western suburbs.

I can probably pick it up midweek. Let me know if you need it. Can also drop off thornbury for alll you darebin mob.

There is no saving here to buy in bulk as such - they have a flat price. I wouldn't want anyone to depend on me re pick up times as I can't promise when I am going to get some.

Put your name, suburb and the quantity below.

1. WillCowan - Thornbury - 60 to 100 Litres
2. manticle - Fairfield (next to thornbury)- 20 to 40 Litres.
3. New_guy - Same Area - 30ish Litres

Do you guys want to drop containers round to my place?

I should be able to take them round to Djar007's in the next few days.

I will take all containers up this week. The press will be next monday. $1.60 a litre. He has had to put prices up to cover costs . I am still keen. Drop off if you want in on this will be 863 high street thornbury. Cant wait to get started with some yummy ciders

I'd love to but between the grain bulk buy and Good Beer Week I'm really low on surplus funds this month :(

Will Cowan said:
Do you guys want to drop containers round to my place?

I should be able to take them round to Djar007's in the next few days.

djar007 said:
I will take all containers up this week. The press will be next monday. $1.60 a litre. He has had to put prices up to cover costs . I am still keen. Drop off if you want in on this will be 863 high street thornbury. Cant wait to get started with some yummy ciders
Can easily drop off to high st in thornbury. Wheareabouts are you Will Cowan? I'll probably be riding a bike or walking with two cubes so I'll pick whoever is closest.

Id be all over this however with the grain bb on I need to stock up on that. Cheers for tge heads up mants.

Let us know the quality is like as we could arrange another one later on. Tgete are quote a few melbourne brewers getting interestef in cider.

citymorgue2 said:
Id be all over this however with the grain bb on I need to stock up on that. Cheers for tge heads up mants.

Let us know the quality is like as we could arrange another one later on. Tgete are quote a few melbourne brewers getting interestef in cider.
sounds like you might've had too much cider? :p

Latest posts

Back