Anyone Have A Nice Set Of Taps?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henderjo

Reaction score
Howdy,

I am planning a thermostat controlled deep freeze to run probably 4 taps/kegs off. My question is around if anyone would come across a unit which I could screw down on top of a freezer (something like an upside down U) with four taps along it... much like that which you see in bars. Appreciate any info.

Regards to all,

John.

Howdy,

I am planning a thermostat controlled deep freeze to run probably 4 taps/kegs off. My question is around if anyone would come across a unit which I could screw down on top of a freezer (something like an upside down U) with four taps along it... much like that which you see in bars. Appreciate any info.

Regards to all,

John.

Your talking 'goal post fonts' very $$$, perhaps just go a 'T' type, GMK would help you out there, that's were I scored mine.
Here it is linked to a chest freezer.

the_bar_003.jpg
The handles do match a little better than the pic shows...need to fix it though :rolleyes:

the_bar_002.jpg
The freezer fits under the bar and the font is attached to the freezer

the_bar_006.jpg
The bar top is on hinges to allow the freezer to open for keg replacement

the_bar_001.jpg
Works well for me

Batz

Your talking 'goal post fonts' very $$$, perhaps just go a 'T' type, GMK would help you out there, that's were I scored mine.

Pretty sure GMK had some 4 and 6 tap fonts available recently, you can also give e-bay a go too

View attachment 30826
The handles do match a little better than the pic shows...need to fix it though :rolleyes:

View attachment 30827
The freezer fits under the bar and the font is attached to the freezer

View attachment 30828
The bar top is on hinges to allow the freezer to open for keg replacement

View attachment 30829
Works well for me

Batz
Batz thats a great set up ! Im calling in on my next trip up to Rocky and Thursday island.Is the floor warm enough to sleep on?
GB

Cheers Batz,

That's pretty much exactly what I'm up to :) ... any issues balancing all taps? I've pretty much got my carbonation sorted, just thought I'd run some non-return valves to make sure I don't have beer running back down lines etc...? Do you need to run/flush your line a little before the first of the day is drawn - ie does the beer in the line near the tap warm up too much? Appreciate any answers and tips you might have to save me making mistakes.

John.

Batz thats a great set up ! Im calling in on my next trip up to Rocky and Thursday island.Is the floor warm enough to sleep on?
GB

Many a brewer has spent the night on the bar room floor GB, myself included :p Your most welcome to stop by, cya in Perth Xmas time :beer:

Cheers Batz,

That's pretty much exactly what I'm up to ... any issues balancing all taps? I've pretty much got my carbonation sorted, just thought I'd run some non-return valves to make sure I don't have beer running back down lines etc...? Do you need to run/flush your line a little before the first of the day is drawn - ie does the beer in the line near the tap warm up too much? Appreciate any answers and tips you might have to save me making mistakes.

John.

No real issues balancing the taps John, I use a manifold a just one non-return at the regulator.
I flush the lines with a spare keg, using line cleaner, not as often as I should either.
There is very little beer in the font to warm up so I don't really find this a problem, the font is flooded as well.

Batz

If you fit a non-return valve to each Gas Inlet disconnect of each keg... You can forget about balancing..

I used have problems if i forgot to turn the Gas on and only drank out of 1 tap the other kegs would supply the gas which personally i dont like...
I actually had 1 keg that had 2 dip tubes and siphoned itself into another beer.. :lol: i was wondering why my Pils was getting darker and darker with each pour...hmmm 1/2 stout... But that shouldn't happen to you...

Alot of people are happy to balance.. I however always seem to forget to release the pressure after force carbing and once you hook it up and here all that froth pumping into another keg... Grrrrr... <_< Its just a matter of taking care when hooking up.. which i suck at..

If you can afford a non-return valve for each keg go for it.. i reckon..
Otherwise its not essential...

My 2 cents..

Sqyre...

So Batz,

I've had a look into the flooded set up... you're saying you run a pump 27/7 to keep your font at essentially freezing point? I love the idea but the cost of running a pump continuously seem a little opulent to say the least. Though I've started some research into a solar set up! am I crazy? I'm thinking I'll end up just spilling a small amount before I draw my first from each keg each session, or day at least.

Have you ever set up a keg with a spirit - eg rum and coke? I'm wondering what the shelf life is of beer and or pre-mix spirits in a set up like yours?

Cheers, again,

John.

I've had a look into the flooded set up... you're saying you run a pump 27/7 to keep your font at essentially freezing point? I love the idea but the cost of running a pump continuously seem a little opulent to say the least.

Cheap cooling option is to have a little box at the bottom of the freezer with a computer fan (sucking). Then use black poly garden hose and fittings to run up into the font. Only need to turn on a little prior to pulling beers to keep temp down.

Cheers Ken

So Batz,

I've had a look into the flooded set up... you're saying you run a pump 27/7 to keep your font at essentially freezing point? I love the idea but the cost of running a pump continuously seem a little opulent to say the least. Though I've started some research into a solar set up! am I crazy? I'm thinking I'll end up just spilling a small amount before I draw my first from each keg each session, or day at least.

Have you ever set up a keg with a spirit - eg rum and coke? I'm wondering what the shelf life is of beer and or pre-mix spirits in a set up like yours?

Cheers, again,

John.

No I turn it on only when I want it, and usually only to impress. Personally I don't think you need a flooded font.

Batz

Thanks guys,

Ken it's funny you should say that! I'm thinking of setting up a bit of kit just as you have described using a small solar unit... problem is I was imagining an upside down U to funnel the cold air through - it would seem that type of font is very exy :(

Thanks for your thoughts - I'm sure I'll sort it out, and yeah Batz I'm sure it would be pretty impressive! Nice bit of kit you have.

Cheers.

Back