Anyone Had Gout?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm all for chilling out, and I've had PLENTY of brews this evening B)

Life doesn't need to be short, why in bleeding heck would you want life to be short when it can be longer and more enjoyable? Doctors and other medical professionals are specifically trained, educated and experienced in solving such problems as Gout.

I don't ask professional basketballers how to solve second order differential equations, even though the occasional one might know the answer. Why would you ask brewers how to prevent/treat a medical condition?

People who know me say I'm a pretty relaxed person. However, these people also know that human idiocy really irritates me.

I'm sorry that you're suffering, but see a doctor, get an educated solution based on your condition, if it gets worse, sue for malpractice.

Once again, Chill out!, I don't want life to be short, it just is man, time goes quick!. It is certainly too short to get irritated over a petty forum issue. Start a new topic dude, don't waste time reading & replying to this if it irritates you
Enjoy life!

Eat cherries when you feel an attack coming on or when you are on a bit of a holiday binge, seems to work for me. There are quite a few mentions of this helping around the net.

Raising a very old thread but had sleepless night with this bitch last night, its my 3rd attack now in last 5 years, first one was the worst and ended up lasting about 6 weeks until I begged the DR for something stronger and ended up having cortisone injected into the toe!!

Its feckin awful, I'm seriously pissed off with this one, I did binge last week but been only had a couple of fat yaks last night, It still puzzles me what causes and brings on, I eat healthy I exercise at least 4 times a week but I like a drink on the weekend. I think I must just be prone to it, when I had my uric acid tested in the past I was at 0.48 and the good range is 0-0.48 so I was on the limit but this was during an attack, hence not sure WTF is going on. All this when I'm just starting out on my homebrew journey!!

I'm spending today drinking gallons of water as I'll be ready for a beer or two tomorrow night and of course saturday, just hope this fecker stops throbbing in the meantime.

Ive tried most NSAIDs and Cochicine, I would avoid colchine if possibly, gives you the shits and is basically poison. There are other long term options so as alpurinol but I dont like the idea of starting medicine that im gonna be on for the rest of my life.

Anyway my sympathies with anyone else suffering after over endulging over Xmas.

I take it you have had your uric acid levels checked?
I've been on Allipurinol for a couple of years now since getting kidney stones lasered and haven't had a twinge. Various GPs assure me no long term harm.

Leyther said:
Raising a very old thread but had sleepless night with this bitch last night, its my 3rd attack now in last 5 years, first one was the worst and ended up lasting about 6 weeks until I begged the DR for something stronger and ended up having cortisone injected into the toe!!

Its feckin awful, I'm seriously pissed off with this one, I did binge last week but been only had a couple of fat yaks last night, It still puzzles me what causes and brings on, I eat healthy I exercise at least 4 times a week but I like a drink on the weekend. I think I must just be prone to it, when I had my uric acid tested in the past I was at 0.48 and the good range is 0-0.48 so I was on the limit but this was during an attack, hence not sure WTF is going on. All this when I'm just starting out on my homebrew journey!!

I'm spending today drinking gallons of water as I'll be ready for a beer or two tomorrow night and of course saturday, just hope this fecker stops throbbing in the meantime.

Ive tried most NSAIDs and Cochicine, I would avoid colchine if possibly, gives you the shits and is basically poison. There are other long term options so as alpurinol but I dont like the idea of starting medicine that im gonna be on for the rest of my life.

Anyway my sympathies with anyone else suffering after over endulging over Xmas.
You have my heartfelt sympathy. I suffered for years from this very painful condition. Different things seem to affect different people but generally beer, red wine, rich red meat, seafood, tomatoes are culprits. I have been on Zyloprim (allopurinol) for about 15 years and have never had a twinge. I also only eat roma tomatoes, they have less acid. You know that when you can't stand to have a sheet on your foot you are hurting big time. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back