Anyone doing Dry July this year?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 days in... so far, so good. No booze in almost 2 weeks!

Training is going well for the 5k fun run next weekend. Weekend after that will be a bigger challenge... will be attending an amateur play that a family member will be appearing in :unsure:

Doing Dry July... 12 days in... I hate it... dumbest idea ever....

Beers I'm gonna drink when this month is over:
- Burleigh brewery 28 day Pale Ale
- Fat Yak
- Montheiths IPA
- Tui IPA
- Home brew Honey Mead

I did Febfast and 28 days was more than enough for me! Trouble for me I tended to swap beer carbs for other junk food - but something has to give.

Good on anyone who gets through the full 31 days.

July for me is not a good time with the footy on etc, plus have bub number 2 on the way in Sept so will have to be sober in the weeks leading up to 'go time'.

I will give Febfast a crack again next year, good way to detox a bit over summer and xmas boozing.

Ps, word of advice for those with big lists of beers they intend to ravage when the 31 days is over - GO EASY! I made myself rather ill on my first weekend back on it, tasters of IPA's and Pales, whilst they tasted good at the time they didn't coming back up at 2.30am the following morning...

Same here, 12 days complete.
44L of beer getting kegged this weekend though.

Perfect timing for August.....

Cheers,
D80

paulmclaren11 said:
Ps, word of advice for those with big lists of beers they intend to ravage when the 31 days is over - GO EASY! I made myself rather ill on my first weekend back on it, tasters of IPA's and Pales, whilst they tasted good at the time they didn't coming back up at 2.30am the following morning...
I know but they're just sitting on the fridge! :beerbang: Definitely will have to take it slow because I'm sure my tolerance will have dropped significantly

Canuckdownunder said:
Doing Dry July... 12 days in... I hate it... dumbest idea ever....

Beers I'm gonna drink when this month is over:
- Burleigh brewery 28 day Pale Ale
- Fat Yak
- Montheiths IPA
- Tui IPA
- Home brew Honey Mead
By Tui IPA do you mean this:
untitled.JPG

If so (and I'm assuming you've never had it before) DOOOOON'T...it's not an IPA at all. It's carbonated cat's piss megaswill.

You have been warned.

No Dry July here you have too have a drink everyday for practice,because you never know when you are going to be called up for a big drink,so you have to be match fit. :chug:

wbosher said:
By Tui IPA do you mean this:
attachicon.gif
untitled.JPG

If so (and I'm assuming you've never had it before) DOOOOON'T...it's not an IPA at all. It's carbonated cat's piss megaswill.

You have been warned.
Aw no is it no good? My buddy heard of my love of Pale Ales and IPAs and he brought me over a bottle to have a taste. I haven't been able to crack it yet but I was looking forward to it.... damn.

Sorry, but it's weak as water. I think they should be done for false advertising having India Pale Ale on the label. It used to be my drop of choice before I start brewing and broadening my beery horizons, just another bland megaswill I'm afraid.

Once again, sorry. :(

How about keep drinking and get your mates to cough up money for your chosen charity anyway? Then everyone is a winner.

13 days in and haven't really felt like a beer since day 1.

I have substituted my beer intake with more desserts in the evening. So the weight loss is not really happening. Still more than 2 weeks to get some benefit out of it.

wbosher said:
Sorry, but it's weak as water. I think they should be done for false advertising having India Pale Ale on the label. It used to be my drop of choice before I start brewing and broadening my beery horizons, just another bland megaswill I'm afraid. Once again, sorry. :(
Spoilt! Sheeplover!
I rate it easy drinking craft beer, kind of same league as fat yak. I grab a bottle every now and then.

Oh yeah, 4 beers tonight, I'm making up for 3 beer Friday :)

Josh said:
13 days in and haven't really felt like a beer since day 1.

I have substituted my beer intake with more desserts in the evening. So the weight loss is not really happening. Still more than 2 weeks to get some benefit out of it.
Well done Josh,
But put some of your own money in because you'll need a beer after next Wednesday nite.
QUEENSLANDER :super: :super: :super:

practicalfool said:
Spoilt! Sheeplover!
I rate it easy drinking craft beer, kind of same league as fat yak. I grab a bottle every now and then.

Oh yeah, 4 beers tonight, I'm making up for 3 beer Friday :)
Craft beer??? :blink: Are we talking about the same beer here? It's megaswill over here, ranked up there the DB Draught and Lion Brown on the blandness scale.

I work at sea doing 5 weeks on and 5 weeks off. It's a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy so im off the booze for every other 35 days. It really does feel great after not drinking for that long and just a good body detox. Good amount of time for 200L of beer to condition as well :)
I was trying to think how to lose weight without giving up the beer and I think iv'e cracked it... I stopped eating bread. Even though I had not been drinking for 5 weeks at sea I still seemed to have trouble losing weight when I got home so I gave up bread and just had fiber for breakfast and the kg's have just been falling off,I was still going through 3 cornies while at home for 5 weeks.
Don't know if it would work for everyone but it's working for me.

Last. *******. Weekend.

I'm going to the footy today. It's going to be strange to remember the last quarter with absolute clarity.

Also, the last few Saturdays, despite not having had a drink since 30 June, I have woken up with a cracking headache - the moral of the story is that so sobriety is shit fun and can cause hangovers.

In the spirit of transparency, I did have a drink last weekend... and boy did it hit the spot LOL

One day out of 31 aint so bad.

yeah i figure (aside from the charity side of things) that i'd drink way more in august so i've never bothered. congrats to you guys who have/can

Latest posts

Back