• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Any Wa Brewers In Need Of Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seal kit supplied does not come with poppet valves or relief valves.

When i got mine the poppet valves and relief valves were shite? Just something to watch out for!!

Goodluck

PHARSYDE

When i got mine the poppet valves and relief valves were shite? Just something to watch out for!!

Goodluck

PHARSYDE

Yeh unfortunately its allways a bit of a gamble, sometimes you get mint ones, other times you get one with a shot poppet or relief valve, but hey, beats paying $120 per keg, ill take the chance ;)

Yeh unfortunately its allways a bit of a gamble, sometimes you get mint ones, other times you get one with a shot poppet or relief valve, but hey, beats paying $120 per keg, ill take the chance ;)

Yeah true, nothing like a gamble to keep the blood pumping... hehe

PHARSYDE

Shame the poppets and relief valves are pricey though.

Poppets = $8.90 ea (CB)

Releif Valves = $14.90 (CB)

But even if you had to replace those it would be an extra $32.70ea....if you paid $60 then $93.70 / keg...still under the $100+ mark that most places want for "fully reconditioned" kegs.

I have been thinking about getting some from Andale, prices are not on their site but I have bought other washers etc from them before (e.g. "life saver washers") and they were much cheaper. From memory like $0.30ea Vs $1.00 or something like that. EDIT: They were $0.35ea and Andale product code is #012848)

Goodluck

PHARSYDE

Kegs are sold in good condition - If there are any faulty poppets or relief valves, all it takes is an email or phone call to rectify. We have sold thousands of kegs & could count the failures reported on one hand - you can buy with confidence.

Totally affiliated...

Ross
CraftBrewer

No worries Goose...

Ok there is one keg left anyone want it.?

Cheers Katie

Ill take it if it helps close the deal, what is it $60?

Kegs are sold in good condition - If there are any faulty poppets or relief valves, all it takes is an email or phone call to rectify. We have sold thousands of kegs & could count the failures reported on one hand - you can buy with confidence.

Totally affiliated...

Ross
CraftBrewer

Very true Ross,

You can't check them all.......

Now, i had 4 poppets that were rusted and not sealing, a relief valve not sealing and a damaged body connect gas in???

Otherwise very happy with the service and fast delivery...

Cheers

Done! Excellent! Cheers Case got your book yesterday.

Katie,

Is that $60 a keg include postage and seal kit??? Just confirm as the 4 keg deal is $269.00 = $67.25ea!!!

Liam

Very true Ross,

You can't check them all.......

Now, i had 4 poppets that were rusted and not sealing, a relief valve not sealing and a damaged body connect gas in???

Otherwise very happy with the service and fast delivery...

Cheers

<_< I would expect any keg bought from a HBS would be pressure tested. Most that I know of state that all their kegs are pressure tested. By definition this would identify any dodgy relief valves or poppets... So yes, all should be checked!

Are your kegs all pressure tested Ross?

From the Craftbrewer website: "These kegs may have a few stickers and slight dings, but are all holding pressure."

I presume this implies all relief valves, poppets and lids have been checked prior to sale..?

Is that $60 a keg include postage and seal kit??? Just confirm as the 4 keg deal is $269.00 = $67.25ea!!!

$67.25 is still a good price.If it falls through Katie I'll take it.

Cheers Andrew

$67.25 is still a good price.If it falls through Katie I'll take it.

Cheers Andrew

Andrew if I dont hear from him by the end of today.. you are on... wierdly im picking the kegs up from Beechy!

Andrew if I dont hear from him by the end of today.. you are on... wierdly im picking the kegs up from Beechy!

Nice meeting you yesterday Andrew...

Hope the Kolsch turns out well!

Thanks Katie , Have to have more Perth get together meet and greet happy hours.

Andrew

Back