Any News About Wyeast 1768?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's BACK

How the hell did that slip under my radar? :eek: :eek:

Are you reading this RdeV, are you reading this?

Order just placed. :)

Edit: if you like a wee diacetyl hit, run this yeast through as quickly as you can and drink the beer young. mmmmmm. Especially something darkish like a Camerons Strongarm or a Southern Brown.

bribie, have you tried the thames valley II ?

Donburke, I tried the Thames Valley II (Brakspears) and even did a double drop with it. Not bad but a bit "characterless" perhaps, compared to the 1469?????

I'm now a dedicated 1469 man, what temperature did you ferment yours at? I find that the best way - personally - with 1469 is to aerate it well and thrash the head down into the wort for the first 36 hours, then seal up tight under clingwrap and ferment at under 17

I'll bring down a flagon of my Yorkshire Gold when I hit Sydney first week in August. :icon_chickcheers:

Concur with Bribie regarding 1882PC. It didn't present as much character as I expected, although there was a pleasing, almost floral aromatic note. Diffrnt strokes I guess...

Donburke, I tried the Thames Valley II (Brakspears) and even did a double drop with it. Not bad but a bit "characterless" perhaps, compared to the 1469?????

I'm now a dedicated 1469 man, what temperature did you ferment yours at? I find that the best way - personally - with 1469 is to aerate it well and thrash the head down into the wort for the first 36 hours, then seal up tight under clingwrap and ferment at under 17

I'll bring down a flagon of my Yorkshire Gold when I hit Sydney first week in August. :icon_chickcheers:

firstly, please reserve me a glass of that flagon :icon_chickcheers:

i ferment the 1882 @ 16, then ramp to 18 after 3 or 4 days

its highy attenuative, which might explain the lack of character, fermenting all your goodness to alcohol

i mashed warmish (67) to allow for this

i find the toffee notes from any crystal in the grist are pronounced, i get a subtle fruitiness, kind of like a 'pink lady apple' (not green apple) which might be acetaldehyde, but it tends to stick around, and works well

It's BACK

How the hell did that slip under my radar? :eek: :eek:

Are you reading this RdeV, are you reading this?

Order just placed. :)

Edit: if you like a wee diacetyl hit, run this yeast through as quickly as you can and drink the beer young. mmmmmm. Especially something darkish like a Camerons Strongarm or a Southern Brown.

This is the second batch, first one arrived last week but all went in a couple of days (got email from Ross last tuesday all gone Thursday morning).

Back