• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Any Hop Rhizomes Available

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sulik114

Reaction score
Hello my fellow brewers

I would like to plant some hop rhizomes very soon as we are into August already. I live in Tasmania and would like to buy Cascade, Columbus, Hallertau, Fuggles, Goldings. I know it's a pain having to package the roots up and post but will be happy to pay extra for post/handling.

cheers to all, may your brews continue to amaze and inspire.

Hello my fellow brewers

I would like to plant some hop rhizomes very soon as we are into August already. I live in Tasmania and would like to buy Cascade, Columbus, Hallertau, Fuggles, Goldings. I know it's a pain having to package the roots up and post but will be happy to pay extra for post/handling.

cheers to all, may your brews continue to amaze and inspire.

Yes I still have a "Hop Rhizomes For Sale" post going here, which I will close off when I am sold out.

I still have a lot of Goldings, this cultivar is in extreme short supply this year, and luckily I have a large stock.

There is a possible quarantine restriction to Tasmania so will have to find out first.

Rhizomes are cleaned of all soil and packed in slightly damp coir for delivery.

If anyone else wants rhizomes email me: [email protected] with subject line HOPS.

Have other cultivars available as I dig them out.

Rupert.

I bought some rhizomes off Cannabaceae and they were great. Got EKG, Cluster and Columbus. They are already in the ground. Dormant of course but came in very good condition. And he posted them out fast. Would recommend him, if you are wanting to grow your own hops.

Quarantine into Tasmania will be an issue, well it should be an issue if you care.

There is a guy in Scottsdale who sells some, when available, I think everyone is short of stock. A longer term plan would be to take some cuttings from bushy park in summer and grow them on.

There is a guy in Scottsdale who sells some, when available, I think everyone is short of stock. A longer term plan would be to take some cuttings from bushy park in summer and grow them on.

Stewart's nursery has closed till june 2008, I know because i was too late :(

Quarantine into Tasmania will be an issue, well it should be an issue if you care.

Hi Glenos

I spoke with AQIS (Quarantine in Hobart) and they told me that it is ok to have hop rhizomes come in from other mainland states as long as the rhizome is dormant and roots are washed completely of dirt. You then need to fax in a form to say you are bringing in a few rhizomes and specify where from and on what date they should arrive. He said there are no fees associated with this and they don't always check the package.
The main factor is dormancy of the plant and roots washed clean. Rupertv from WA is sending me some stock.

Hopes this helps.

John (john114) :super:

Planted some of Ruperts hops and they are going great guns already. See the pic...

youth___ava_015.jpg

Stewart's nursery has closed till june 2008, I know because i was too late :(
I'm new here and am unfamiliar with Stewart's Nursery; does anyone have a website or email address for him or it? Even though he won't be open until next summer, I'd like to add a link to his business on my Grow-Hops group while I think about it.

Thanks.

Bill Velek

Latest posts

Back