Any draftsmen on here? Need drafting software

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tavas

Reaction score
We have just bought a house but the plans are from 1987 and are paper based. I am hoping to redo in some drafting software but don't want to pay a billion dollars to use AutoCAD. Is there a reasonably priced drafting software that does 2D house plans? or would it be easier to pay a drafty to do it?

A guy at work was telling me there's one called free cad. I've had no dealing with it. I use autocad lt 2015 for manufacturing drawingsat work Depending on your morals you can find a few torrents and key generators if you look in the right places....

Draftsight is a very good free 2D package. Almost identical to AutoCAD to use.

I could probably knock them out for you if you can get the paper plans scanned and email them to me.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Tried SketchUp but for some reason its not working properly. Tried installing it a few times.

Thanks for the offer Cervantes. I may need some help so will be in touch.

DraftSight is my pick. Its free.
Its only house plans so no need for 3D

I've spoken of the projects I used to do with 3D in the past and I've used all kinds of CAD packages with all kinds of price tags.
These days for the very little use I have for CAD (why have a dog and bark yourself) I use draftsight and its super easy and plenty powerful enough.
Also exports to the usual file types if you ever need.

Komodo said:
DraftSight is my pick. Its free.
Its only house plans so no need for 3D

I've spoken of the projects I used to do with 3D in the past and I've used all kinds of CAD packages with all kinds of price tags.
These days for the very little use I have for CAD (why have a dog and bark yourself) I use draftsight and its super easy and plenty powerful enough.
Also exports to the usual file types if you ever need.
+1. Used it last year to do the plans for my deck. Quite a nice package once you get used to it.

Latest posts

Back