Ants in my Tempmate Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pommiebloke

Reaction score
Was looking at the display on the tempmate this evening and thought my eyes were going funny as the numbers seems to twinkle and move. Then I realised it was ants inside the display!

I took it apart and hundreds of the little buggers swarmed out. Obviously they like the warmth in there and decided to set up home for the winter.

It was full of some weird fluff, like a cross between dryer lint and fairy floss. I figured out they had been raiding the bag of DME I had left on top of the fridge and transporting it back to their new nest.

I've popped the whole thing in the freezer for now so hopefully that will be the end of them.

Ants decided to make a home in my printer. Under the scanner glass. Couldn't get them out, I now have a new printer.

Apparently there is something on printed circuit boards that they like. They took up residence in my radio. I took the batteries out and gave a spray with insect killer surface spray and they did not come back.

Pics or it didn't happen, guys!

I remember when I first came to Australia as a backpacker ages ago I was fascinated by an army of ants extracting a whole bar of chocolate into little tiny pieces, first storing them under the silver wrap and from there carrying it all to a separate corner of my Airlie Beach balcony. Took a photo of the progress every day or so over 6 weeks, but they're all on film in some box on the other side of the globe.

Nowadays they just annoy me when they dig open our lawn and bite the kids.

Back