Another Gay Rant

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because marriage in your custom is not the only existing representation of marriage in our community and I don't understand how you can make a reasonable statement like the above and still not recognise that.

I do realise that now and thats why i thanked people for their input.

And i shouldn't have put that last comment in. It was because i said i believe in this statement but manticle said it was blatantley untrue. But like i said it isn't for me.

For you and your marriage. There's a difference between 'this is how I view marriage' and 'this is what marriage is'. The definition of marriage stands outside the Christian institution and existed well before it (even if you took a completely creationist viewpoint) so to say outright 'marriage is a christian institution' with no qualifier is not a statement of truth.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by quoting back the statement I first took issue with.

Marriage is not solely a christian institution. Sticking 'I believe' in front of an untrue (demonstrably unquestionably untrue) does not make it valid.

I realise you could be taken to be meaning 'marriage is christian but not exclusively' and if that's what you mean then I withdraw what I said. Yes it is Christian among other things - I'm fairly certain you were attaching an exclusivity to that first statement though.

Even 'I believe marriage should/i] be solely be a Christian institution' would be different - even though I'd disagree for other reasons, I couldn't suggest it was blatantly untrue.

Wow.

Do you know if the study has gone/will go on to test fertility in the resultant offspring and any genetic abnormalities in their offspring?

I suspect that the ethics committee will have a big say on how far these sort of studies go....

Here's a thought people, how about you all "live an let live" and that means all of you, those who are dissing christian values etc etc. And how about we rejoice with our gay brewing brothers and sisters that we live in a democracy that lets them do their own thing rather than quite a number of countries that would lock them up or kill them for their lifestyles. As for the OP, get over it mate, as Schooey said, you not the only person to cop some bad shit from morons, just be thankfull it was only verbal.

cheers

Browndog

That's no fun mate, dissing christian values is one of my favourite pastimes. I play nice here, my facebook page is a war zone.

And a few pictures....

bible2.jpg

comparisons.jpg

christianity.jpg

And one in very poor taste just because i have a sadistic streak....

jesus_clap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my wife a mobile phone. She never answers it. I'm not sure whether it's because we're married, athiest christians and married, if she's gay or because we don't have any ducks...

thats gold. pure gold
although i really want to see at least one of python boys in that last pic!

im thinking there needs to be an AHB gaypride/religious freedom/no chill/HSA/keg-bottle/AG-K&K/sugaz/love-hate Bum (the person not the body part) brew day. that will fix the problem...

that will fix the problem...
With the possible exception of the last element I think it would go some way to helping. If people would talk to each other about these things instead of us all just sitting on our values I think all of these issues would be less problematic, even if not resolved.

I suspect that the ethics committee will have a big say on how far these sort of studies go....

That's no fun mate, dissing christian values is one of my favourite pastimes. I play nice here, my facebook page is a war zone.

And a few pictures....

View attachment 42695

View attachment 42696

View attachment 42698

And one in very poor taste just because i have a sadistic streak....

View attachment 42697

The great thing is, you can do that and not have a fatwa put on your head Dr ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my wife a mobile phone. She never answers it. I'm not sure whether it's because we're married
I'll bet you a cat and a shandy that it is.

The great thing is, you can do that and not have a fatwa put on your head Dr ;)
Are you seriously trying to argue that Christians both historically and today don't kill people for their beliefs?

Im confused about the penquins ...

dont they only have a mate for the season? then the following season they get another one. Ideal situation really.

I wonder how they recognise each other once the female comes back to feed the chick.

There is a movie that is actually a rather truthfull documentry of Christ

Monty Pythons The Life Of Brian :)

You guys are being very sexist and ignoring my post about penguins...

Latest posts

Back