Another Bloody Lemonade Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to be able to taste lemon.. is it possible to make an alcoholic Solo-ish drink??
What was that old Solo ad? Was almost like the old VB ad's. A big mans thirst can only be quenched with an icy cold Solo. :lol:

I dont get how an acidic citrus base would ferment nicely with the brewing yeast we use for beers.

What was that old Solo ad? Was almost like the old VB ad's. A big mans thirst can only be quenched with an icy cold Solo. :lol:

I dont get how an acidic citrus base would ferment nicely with the brewing yeast we use for beers.

yeh well I dont know anything about yeasts.. so I just chucked in what I had.. it says to use SafAle on the actual recipe,
I had Safbrew so.. that went in I would have used bread yeast if thats all I had.

I would have used bread yeast if thats all I had.

noooooooo.jpg

:D :p :D

which yeast would you use for lemonade?

I used US-05 in my lemonade and was quite happy with the result. However, it needed a few weeks in the keg before it became really good. The wife likes it alot too!! :beer:

HC

:D :p :D

which yeast would you use for lemonade?
U can use any yeast u like. If u read the other lemonade threads you'll see what most people use (which is us05 or so4).
U can use wine yeast if u like but is unnecessary, and probably more attenuative than needed/wanted. A sweet mead yeast would also be good. Just use whatever u have on hand.

U can use any yeast u like. If u read the other lemonade threads you'll see what most people use (which is us05 or so4).
U can use wine yeast if u like but is unnecessary, and probably more attenuative than needed/wanted. A sweet mead yeast would also be good. Just use whatever u have on hand.

Excellent..

Now I only have to get the flavours right.. I slipped up on the ginger.. so it kinda tastes more like ginger beer, but its still good.

Back