Anhc 2010 - July News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyd

Reaction score
ANHC 2010 - July Update

Stay in touch with the latest news - check into our website, or subscribe to the email list to have the news delivered to you!

Brewing with Indigenous Ingredients

If you're the kind of brewer that loves playing with new ingredients, here's a couple of great reasons to push the envelope even further!

There's a Better Bottle, a Keg King 2.6L CO2 cylinder and a Keg King kegerator up for grabs, and all you need to do is more of what you already love doing!*

Test your Myrtle, and maybe even showcase your own unique brew at the conference for all to experience!

Check out the full story here

ANHC Steps up to the plate to encourage new brewers

Yes, we're doing it again! Just like in 2008 ANHC are offering a free conference package to the winners of the Qld, Vic, NSW, ACT, WA and SA comps.

Many of you will already be brewing in competitions, but to date [/color]there have been no state competitions in the Northern Territory or Tasmania.

This year, entries from NT are being accepted by the S.A. competition, and Tasmanian entries in the A.C.T. competition. To help encourage participation, we're extending the offer to cover Tasmania and the Northern Territory*

Check out the full story here

* full competition conditions are available at our website
** full offer conditions are available at our website

In regard to the Indigenous beer comp, this is a quote from the web site:
were planning on serving three radical brews with a distinctly Australian flavour. This is where you come in. We want you to brew a radical beer with distinctly Australian ingredients. How you choose to interpret this brief is entirely up to you
Are you looking for a brew with a "distinctly Australian flavour" or one with "distinctly Australian ingredients"?

For example, a beer that tasted like Vegemite (but had no Vegemite in the ingredients) would have a very distinctly Australian flavour, but at the same time it would have no specific distinct Australian ingredient to show case (which is one of the judging criteria).

JW Ale, POR, coopers yeast and treated Thompson water catchment water! :beerbang:

On the other hand, i have an idea that could be interesting and tasty if i can get all the ingredients i need. The only problem is one of the indigenous ingredients is only readily available in dried form and Andy gave away one of the ingredients in the example. :( I'll let you all guess what that is.

Started throwing together a few ideas. This is definitely a challenge that appeals to me :)
Might not manage to get the entry in but we'll see...

In regard to the Indigenous beer comp, this is a quote from the web site:

Are you looking for a brew with a "distinctly Australian flavour" or one with "distinctly Australian ingredients"?

For example, a beer that tasted like Vegemite (but had no Vegemite in the ingredients) would have a very distinctly Australian flavour, but at the same time it would have no specific distinct Australian ingredient to show case (which is one of the judging criteria).

This one's definitely about the ingredients, and how well your beer showcases that ingredient.

Cheers!

Andy

yes the indigenous beer comp has got the mental juices flowing, got a lilliy pilly out the front loaded with fruit at the moment might be an idea. Or if we go for the supposed "distinctive Aussie homebrew taste" according to the so called joe public and get a can of Farmland Lager and a kilo of CSR and ferment at 27 degrees mmmmm isn't that the Pinnacle of Distinctly Australian Taste!!! :p

This one's definitely about the ingredients, and how well your beer showcases that ingredient.

Cheers!

Andy
Thanks Andy,

One more question, when will the entries be judged? On the weekend of 25-26th Sept?
The reason I ask is to check if there will be time to re-brew a new batch before the conference starts.

Weekend of the 25-26th is the plan at this stage, for exactly that reason...

Cheers!

Andy

Outstanding competition. Already thinking about this one, and I can't even brew for another 2 weeks!

Latest posts

Back