An Off Vb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a bum that lives in an alleyway not far from my place, ..........................................
I must get a photo of him for posterity :D

Phoneyhuh, the man with the incredibly elastic posterior - can't wait to see the pic B)

As said b4 got to Fosters and the place you got it, Fosters are very big on quality control so if got through they want to know and should reward you accordingly. Once I got an out of date stubbie of an import from Dan Murphy's and reported it and scored a free carton by the end the next of the day. Scored a free carton from Murray's for a dodgy beer too, it was a bloody big difference for what I had bought (the fresh carton was excellent! yum yum). It pays to speak up to the right people.

my understanding in working for one of the transport companys is that if there is a broken bottle in a slab then the whole thing has to be written off due to liability and/or ohs . scored a few slabs of boags free due to this.

Wait til you taste a few good home brews. You will think "what the f*ck was I thinking?!"
I just tried my very first bottle of home brew it's still very young but I must say it's not bad at all, Taste a lot more full flavoured if that makes sense, like less watered down. I'm looking forward to a few more weeks to see what it taste's like then!!

I have a bum that lives in an alleyway not far from my place, he drinks coopers best extra special. Good taste for a hobo right!

Anyway, he's quite a friendly chap and not the 'gotta dollar?' type, so ive sat down and chat with him about stout and then ive made a deal with him. I buy him a longneck every once in a while (ive bought him 3 in about the past 4 or 5 months) and he stashes his empties for me to collect on my way home from work. It's a win-win situation! :)

I must get a photo of him for posterity :D

I would make sure you clean those bottles very carefully, you might catch a nasty or something. :chug:

I just tried my very first bottle of home brew it's still very young but I must say it's not bad at all, Taste a lot more full flavoured if that makes sense, like less watered down. I'm looking forward to a few more weeks to see what it taste's like then!!

Makes plenty of sense. :icon_cheers:

When I first started HB'ing and had my couple of beers I did a test against Bitter and TEDS etc.

If I drank alot of my home brews, especially ones with more malt than dex, and then drank a commercial beer I thought they were very watery and weak. From then on I read alot on this site and went onto extract. First AG coming very soon! It''s a very slippery slope! :icon_chickcheers:

speaking of fussy bums.. we had some leftover VB's some wanker brought to a party here.. ooh.. I dunno.. few years ago.. and they pretty much sat there getting dusty... well I took them down the road not long ago to the Richmond bums... must have been about 10 stubbies... when I offered them to him his first reaction was "no thanks"... I dont know wether he took them in the end because of the look on my face or the fact it WAS in fact free alcahol... tehee.. Richmond Bums wont even take VB for free easily..
:p

In fact, you couldn't even pay me enough.

Yeah Yeah I'm used to coping shyt about being a VB drinker but I like it. I live in QLD but dam them mexicans make a good beer.

Just wondering if Victorians are Mexicans, does that mean that Queenslanders are Canadians? :rolleyes:

peter2468 and tropical brews are now on ban watch for using the kooi smiley in a post containing the intitals VB. :p

peter2468 and tropical brews are now on ban watch for using the kooi smiley in a post containing the intitals VB. :p

Ha but I have been promoted my standard shop brew is now JS IPA. ;)

No need to get nasty now :eek:

Not sure how to respond to that, it certainly wasn't meant to be nasty. If however my geographical analogy in reference to Queenslanders being north of the border and therefore Canadians caused any offence I will gladly make a full and complete retraction.

Not sure how to respond to that, it certainly wasn't meant to be nasty. If however my geographical analogy in reference to Queenslanders being north of the border and therefore Canadians caused any offence I will gladly make a full and complete retraction.
Considering the number of Mexicans moving to Queensland, I think a better analogy would be Californians. :)
In my experience most beer snobs will drink just about anything if they are thirsty enough, or it's free, and that includes VB.

I tried it once 14 years ago in Sheila's in Covent Garden ... taste reminded me of 1980s UHT milk. I shed a tear for Australian beer-drinkers and swore never to touch the stuff again.

Perhaps it just doesn't travel well :ph34r:

Yeah I don't think it would travel well, any more than a few meters and it's pretty well done for. :rolleyes: Seriously though, I'm not a beer sob ( I'd rather drink something nice though) and I used to live in Vic a long time ago so I've had my share, but it's certainly nothing special. I can however understand people wanting to emulate the commercial beers (like VB) though, it's a good starting point if you can make one like what you normally drink. What a surprise when it turns out even better than the original!!! I think the OP will soon see his beer is even better than VB for sure. Hey hang on I've got a recipe for "VB". And I also have a guy going to send me the genuine original recipe from the factory pretty soon ...if you want it I will post it. Anyway in the meantime here is the "VB" emulation recipe.

Morgan's Australian Bitter
1 Kg Brew Celler # 10 Body Blend
250g Dextrose
12g Pride of Ringwood
Premium Lager Yeast (brewcellars)
12-18 degrees brew temp
23L H20

Happy brewing

Back