An Off Vb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter2468

Reaction score
So I bought a carton of VB tallies today, I'm still collecting bottles (noob). When I got home I noticed the the box was wet and smelt nasty so I opened it up and checked the bottles, sure enough one of the lids was loose. I took the cap and gave it a sniff...........whooooooa what a stink like rotten vinager mixed with smelly feet, made me sick :icon_vomit: . But don't worry I soon recovered and managed to drink a few of the others they were good baby :drinks: .

well you better get the rest finished off quick ... that way you can replace them with something better ;)

Yeah Yeah I'm used to coping shyt about being a VB drinker but I like it. I live in QLD but dam them mexicans make a good beer.

Probably been in the fridge, taken out and got warm, then put back in the fridge. I find it a common offense with the bottlo'.

Yeah Yeah I'm used to coping shyt about being a VB drinker but I like it. I live in QLD but dam them mexicans make a good beer.

Surely you typed that with a sly smirk? :beerbang:

go back to the bottlo or ring vb and they will prob replace the carton (maybe only the bottle if you drank same and took it back to the bottlo)

go back to the bottlo or ring vb and they will prob replace the carton (maybe only the bottle if you drank same and took it back to the bottlo)
+1 for a well framed complaint but seriously.. is VB worth the effort?
:icon_vomit:

at least it's not xxxx I guess... and c senior we make the sweet sweet :icon_cheers:

Buy Coopers tallies much better bottle quality IMO. They are quite heavy duty and the beer is better. :icon_cheers:

Although I am one of the few that can drink and enjoy a VB :drinks: first brew I had on first visit to OZ.

I'm not too bothered about getting the beer replaced, if it was a couple that were off I would be more inclined. It did have some minor damage to the lid small dints and scrapes so probably happened in transit. I could never think any thing bad of my beloved VB :beer:

as a native mexican, the only place ive drunk VB by choice was at the corner, and its was always brace for impact.. the first sip tastes like hangover. but your at the corner, what can you do? :rolleyes: :beerbang:

as a native mexican, the only place ive drunk VB by choice was at the corner, and its was always brace for impact.. the first sip tastes like hangover. but your at the corner, what can you do? :rolleyes: :beerbang:

They do sell draught at the Corner. Or you could do as I do and partake of their spirits selection.

id rather chew on the floor thean drink draght, higher alcohol content than spirits, and cheaper too :icon_cheers:

Coopers Sparkling at most Liquorland stores are often on special for $15 per 3 tallies and make an excellent if not the best HB bottle as they are true Crown Seal and heavy duty. If you compare the 5.8% ABV with the VB 4.6% then you are getting a better beer and more bang for your buck anyway, plus as much yeast as you want, if you are into making Aus Pale Ales.

I have a bum that lives in an alleyway not far from my place, he drinks coopers best extra special. Good taste for a hobo right!

Anyway, he's quite a friendly chap and not the 'gotta dollar?' type, so ive sat down and chat with him about stout and then ive made a deal with him. I buy him a longneck every once in a while (ive bought him 3 in about the past 4 or 5 months) and he stashes his empties for me to collect on my way home from work. It's a win-win situation! :)

I must get a photo of him for posterity :D

Chatting to drunken bums, good practice for brew days and case swaps.

:rolleyes:

Back