Amsterdam

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny the plumber

Reaction score
Hey all, heading to Amsterdam for St Pats day cant quite make it to Ireland. Doh
Anyone know of a great pub to spend the day in and where I can find it??

Depends on what you want to do...

An interesting brewery is 't IJ www.brouwerijhetij.nl
They brew in a windmill..
or de Arendsnest if you're after a beer pub.

or else there are plenty of Irish pubs if you want to do the st pats thing.

Better still, head into the Jordaan and find yourself a bruine kroeg, a small hole in the wall pub, smoke stained celings and watch the worls go by. Don't be surprised if they stick everything on a tab ;-)

Depends on what you want to do...

An interesting brewery is 't IJ www.brouwerijhetij.nl
They brew in a windmill..
or de Arendsnest if you're after a beer pub.

or else there are plenty of Irish pubs if you want to do the st pats thing.
There are Irish pubs here and here.

I second Brouwerij 't IJ, they serve mainly Belgian style ales. They close at 8PM, you'll know why the next day.

Better still, head into the Jordaan and find yourself a bruine kroeg, a small hole in the wall pub, smoke stained celings and watch the worls go by. Don't be surprised if they stick everything on a tab ;-)
This I second even more.

Hey all, heading to Amsterdam for St Pats day cant quite make it to Ireland. Doh
Anyone know of a great pub to spend the day in and where I can find it??

Oh man that's a shame. I'll be in Dublin from 2morrow night until monday night after the big parade drinking that wonderful black stuff.

Can't really recommend any pubs in Amsterdam as when I was there we just moved around from bar to bar. There are some real dives in the red light area - best avoid them late at night when all the younguns are getting hammered and spewing all over the floor.

Back