American Equipment Suppliers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rh1an5

Reaction score
ok so i hate to not buy local but the girlfriends mum is going O/S and i can get stuff brought home/ sent home from teh states, and with teh current exchange rate im betting their has to be some bargains to be had.

basicly just after a list of web pages ect that people have experience with, i have a quick look at st pats, but what others are about.

cheers

Hey Rh,

Convoluted, Counterflow Flow Chillers (no blocking like plate chillers) and polysulphone quick disconnects.

cheers

Darren

www.northernbrewer.com

Amazing

Yep I will vouch for them as well. I have had friends travel to the states in the past as well. I have ordered through Northern brewer and had the gear posted to an U.S address. Great savings to be had on everything especially Wyeast which is a bucket load cheaper. Have you got some spare space :rolleyes:

BYB

When I looked NB seemed to be fairly pricey compared to good ol' Morebeer.com
Fermentap too maybe ? Not sure if they sell to the little guy or just suppliers.

When I looked NB seemed to be fairly pricey compared to good ol' Morebeer.com
Fermentap too maybe ? Not sure if they sell to the little guy or just suppliers.

Just looked at morebeer and their yeast prices are on par around $6.10aus + delivery. I would call myself a little guy all though I do wiegh in at around 100kg :rolleyes: I just can't understand how I can buy through NB at a retail price of $6.10 and in Aus the same costs upwards of $16 or more!! I assume my LHBS would buy it cheaper than the NB retail price. I suppose thats the luxury of living in Aus. Someone has to make a $$

BYB

That's not bad then, I was recently looking at the aeration equipment and the NB stuff seemed pricey, but maybe I dreamt it :unsure:

+1 for morebeer.com. Not sure where your future mother in law :p is going to be. Morebeer has 3 stores in California, one in Concord and another in Los Altos (both San Francisco), and one in Riverside (LA). I've mail ordered quite a bit of stuff from them, and their service is outstanding. Whoever does their shipping is tops too - every package comes marked as 'kitchen supplies' for the customs declaration. B) That's a nice way of helping to ensure that I don't have to pay any customs fees for my 'imports'.

cheers guys, the future mother in law wil only be in Vegas as far as i know, and only for a round a week so shipping times are a key issue.

edit to say a man could go nuts on these sites, a few questions i suppose would be - importing/declaring yeast and say idophor, what kind of issues could be expected?

I can vouch for morebeer.com. I've order a few things from them in the past and the items arrive at the destination (address in California) within a day or two.

Hey Rh,

Convoluted, Counterflow Flow Chillers (no blocking like plate chillers) and polysulphone quick disconnects.

cheers

Darren

Surely you arent recommending those crappy colder cpc qdc's? I'm pretty sure they are polysulphone...I hope not though, they have that stupid cross in the centre of them and block incredibly easily... I run a plate chiller and have never blocked it, but have blocked those QD's a hundred times

Back