Amazon.com

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
Hi Brewers,

Can anyone recommend if it's safe to buy books using your credit card with this company?

cheers

Browndog

Amazon is pretty good to buy stuff from. Don't be too worried.

have ordered over $900 on Amazon in books (mostly brewing literature) all delivered on time (they state a time when ordered) and all with no ongoing credit card troubles at all :)

Just get mums permission before you use her CC to purchase.

Yep, I've purchased from them too and had no drama's. They're all legit

Yep +1 on the book depository. Their prices are pretty similar (or a bit lower) than amazon but the real saving is their free shipping. Shipping from Amazon can be a killer.

Cheers
Dave

Book depository and amazon are both worthwhile.

Amazon will also have sellers of secondhand items for very low prices while book depository's free shipping policy makes a huge difference to the final price. Both ship reasonably quickly and the only time I've ever had issues with stuff not arriving (amazon only and a seller through amazon rather than amazon itself, I was refunded immediately. The item eventually arrived and I was told to keep it, no charge.

Obviously Amazon sells more than just books.

+1 book depository. They are awesome. Free shipping which is actually pretty fast, massive range. Wife has bought heaps of kids books from there.

Shipping from Amazon can be pretty expensive, usually about 30-50% of the cost is the shipping. Can take a while to ship some stuff out and then it comes via NZ quite often as there is some sort of shipping price loophole for that route. The 2nd last time I ordered stuff from Amazon i received our books (it was a couple) in a big mail bag, looked like a sack of potatoes for some reason...

A good Aussie (NZ actually) seller is Fishpond.com.au.

+1 for bookdepository... I buy all my work and personal books through them now. Only negative is that they don't give any indication of stock availability, but the free split shipping counters that nicely and ensures you have a nice steady trickle of books coming in.

From a US mainland location, Amazon is freaking fantastic.

I really really missed it while I was back in Oz.

Amazon stock all sorts of stuff not just books, as well as being a store front for all sorts of other businesses.

I buy all sorts of tools, hardware and gear on there.

The best part is, if they stock it, shipping is free for orders over $25 dollars. This makes it cheaper for a lot of stuff than buying locally or even from Ebay (shipping from HK).

We have had great success with Amazon's second hand books too.

But postage to Oz would probably be killer.

Maybe it's just the things that I read, but Ive always found amazon to be cheaper than the book depository, even after shipping. I tend to buy a couple of hundred dollars of books at a time, bringing down the overall shipping cost. If you are buying single books, the book depository all the way.

Back