Am I A Beer Snob ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan 117

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Just helped my neighbour with his GPS and he gave me a few cans of Carlton Draught as a thanks. Now CD is something I used to drink fairly often before I started getting into home brew and micro brew beer which as we are all aware is just full of flavour an i now drink all the time, but I'm sitting here finishing up some lab reports and decided to crack a can of CD open but I'm just not enjoying it at all. I also cant drink some of the other beers I used to drink on a lesser basis (VB, Pure Blonde etc.). Does it make me a snob, is it a bad thing??

Should I be concerned that I am no longer able to drink rubbish ? :D

Cheers

Aaron

Save it for when swill-drinkers come around.

specially when some one bring xxxx gold around. cant even bring myself to think about drinking it....

not really a beer snob...just experienced flavour and you see those beers for what they really are.

Same reason we dont eat shit, cause food tastes better :p

specially when some one bring xxxx gold around. cant even bring myself to think about drinking it....

What! I've been saving some for months for your next visit :eek: .

save it so you can give it someone else for payment for a favour :p

My relo's are all megaswill-only drinkers.

The day they like my brews will be the day I do a Carlton Midstrength clone (which will be never).

In CD's defense it is better than bloody Tooheys New. When going to see my beloved Swans at the SCG it was New or nothing. At least at the Homebush games there was CD. The good old days when you were limited to one case of beer in your esky into the ground. I use the Esky for mashing now :)

In CD's defense it is better than bloody Tooheys New. When going to see my beloved Swans at the SCG it was New or nothing. At least at the Homebush games there was CD. The good old days when you were limited to one case of beer in your esky into the ground. I use the Esky for mashing now :)
NO, it doesn't make you a beer snob. It just means that you now know what beer is supposed to taste like. i too am going through the same dillammer. i wish i could get my old man to enjoy something other than tooheys new.

Cheers

Hey Guys

Just helped my neighbour with his GPS and he gave me a few cans of Carlton Draught as a thanks. Now CD is something I used to drink fairly often before I started getting into home brew and micro brew beer which as we are all aware is just full of flavour an i now drink all the time, but I'm sitting here finishing up some lab reports and decided to crack a can of CD open but I'm just not enjoying it at all. I also cant drink some of the other beers I used to drink on a lesser basis (VB, Pure Blonde etc.). Does it make me a snob, is it a bad thing??

Should I be concerned that I am no longer able to drink rubbish ? :D

Cheers

Aaron

No.
But for asking such an obvious question you should be wrapped in rusty barbed wire and fed to the lobsters :lol:

stagga.

Back