Aluminium Beer Bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifteenbeerslater

Reaction score
Pictureodds_084__Medium_.jpgView attachment 9298View attachment 9298I just received a delivery from the States.
In the USA they now have aluminium bottles complete with crown seals. The fight between Glass & Aluminium is ripe. The new Aluminium bottle has some advantages over Glass-full surface advertising, quick chill, easy recycle etc. I certainly still prefer the taste from a glass bottle. I believe it will still be a couple of years before we see them on the shelves over here. I have a few extra ones if any one is interested for their collections or for a talking point. PM me if interested.
Cheers 15BL :beer:

I'm quite interested to see if it goes anywhere. It's certainly possible that 'premium' beers will go down that path because it can be used to further the whole 'I'm better than you because I drink crown' image. But, it's hart to tell whether it will be liked by a large enough section of the market to work.

Argh! First they take our thick glass bottles away, reduce (Aussie) stubbies from 375 to 330mL, and now they're taking away our homebrew bottles?!? How can you recap an Aluminium bottle?

*CRUNCH*

I don't mind- I just get longnecks for my HB- $3 for 12 at the recycling depot!

I'm not sure what it'll be like to recap them- depends on their strength

Back