Albury/wodonga Brew Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from the Albury Wodonga News Weekly
Seven different tap beers will be available and Mr Seit wants to add some local flavours.

Weve been in discussion with Bright Brewery and wed like to promote the local beers and have few quirky products rather than just the mainstream products like Carlton Draught, he said.

Down the track well maybe be looking at food and beer matching.

definately be heading in there when i get a chance

Well i'm going to check it out, i'll post what they have on tap shortly :drinks:
Cheers

Total dissapointment!... out of 10 taps they had 2 x carlton draught, 2 x XXXX, 2 fucken ciders,2 x Boags and then the boutique beer.....1 x JS chancer and 1 x JS lashes.
HAHA and then the stubbies consisted of Coronas or Coopers Pale Ale.
**** me.... if they advertise the joint as a "Bier Cafe" then they should offer something that a normal pub doesn't have.
Good luck to 'em

Too good to be true hey. Bloody albury it's hard to get the masses to try something out of the norm there

Total dissapointment!... out of 10 taps they had 2 x carlton draught, 2 x XXXX, 2 fucken ciders,2 x Boags and then the boutique beer.....1 x JS chancer and 1 x JS lashes.
HAHA and then the stubbies consisted of Coronas or Coopers Pale Ale.
**** me.... if they advertise the joint as a "Bier Cafe" then they should offer something that a normal pub doesn't have.
Good luck to 'em

They were open?? I had a message come through that the Border Mail got the dates wrong. Didn't head down night because of it. They must have decided to open because of the f%&k up. Shame really. I was expecting james squires and matilda bay beers. No problem there, a different beer is a win in my books. The line up up you speak of sounds SHITE!

We'll see............................................

Yeh I would probably go to the pub more often if they had something more drinkable.... you can only drink so much fat yak or JS golden ale before you get bored with it...

Just popped my head in the door for a quick look. All I can do is echo tones seniments

Total dissapointment!..........**** me................Good luck to 'em

Missed a golden opportunity there.

Heading down to the Thirsty Crow in Wagga on Sunday.
Bar opens at 11 AM and a brewery tour starts at 12 midday.
I've heard only good reports from this joint and can't wait to try out their beers.
If anyone wants to come along let me know. i may have a spare seat otherwise grab a driver and get down there
:icon_chickcheers:

Tones, I might be down for that. No work on Sunday. I'll send you an email.

I'm going to throw the date of Sunday 18th March out there.

I'm *hoping* we'll be into our house by then. My SWMBO is fully supportive and is happy to host a BBQ/meet&greet/brewday at ours. It's also Grand Prix Sunday, so the afternoon will be a motorsport one :chug:

If however, we're not in our place by then, maybe we can have an afternoon BBQ at Nouriel Park or something? Or someone else maybe host?

Anyway, it's a while away yet, so plenty of time for everyone to organise it.

What do we all think/

I'm going to throw the date of Sunday 18th March out there.

I'm *hoping* we'll be into our house by then. My SWMBO is fully supportive and is happy to host a BBQ/meet&greet/brewday at ours. It's also Grand Prix Sunday, so the afternoon will be a motorsport one :chug:

If however, we're not in our place by then, maybe we can have an afternoon BBQ at Nouriel Park or something? Or someone else maybe host?

Anyway, it's a while away yet, so plenty of time for everyone to organise it.

What do we all think/

I am all for that and possibly for going to Wagga on Sunday if the missus is happy to drive me there.... I am yet to visit any breweries north of here. :beerbang:

Spare seat if anyone wants to join in.
Leaving about 9 ish Sunday morning

So is it just the 2 of you going?? no one else is going tomorrow?

Hammo, Dave and I are going. The mrs is driving
There is a still a seat spare if you wanna squash in.
We're leaving about 9 AM if your keen

Hammo, Dave and I are going. The mrs is driving
There is a still a seat spare if you wanna squash in.
We're leaving about 9 AM if your keen

All good thanks, i'll probably just make a day trip of it. I am planning on getting there for the tour and will have to meet up there or something?

I am planning on getting there for the tour and will have to meet up there or something?

Sounds good. You know what the other two look like yeah? If not, look for the guy with a beard playing with his new camera. That'll be me :D

Back