Airlock not bubbling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, wonder if I can glad wrap the brewbucket and use the oring from the coopers lid? I like to be able to see the krausen.

Pratty1 said:
Hmmm, wonder if I can glad wrap the brewbucket and use the oring from the coopers lid? I like to be able to see the krausen.
Now there is a radical idea :D

Pratty1 said:
Haha, recently used one on my new SS brewbucket and I wasn't sure what to do.
I had to buy one for my Brewbucket - one of those two piece cylinder types. Fortunately the inner tube of the bottom assembly fits a length of beer line perfectly and I run it into a blowoff bottle.

For the OP:

Either use clingwrap attached by the O ring inside the lid of the fermentor, or take a sharp box cutter and trim off all the bad mouldings and tags that you will no doubt find on the lip of the fermentor.

I leave the lid of my fermenter just partially screwed so that excess pressure can pass either way. I haven't had any infection problems ever that I can reasonably attribute to airlock type issues. Cleaning fails, yes. Children doing child antics, yes. Evil spoilage bugs floating in on the air, no.

T.

Back