AHB Wiki: Kegging

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a great resource for a first time kegger. The section on the balancing would have been very helpful for me when setting up my system.

I understand that this is a beginners guide to keg setups, but down the track it might be good to have some more advanced info (although probably in a separate topic) on things like tap types, keg types etc.

At this stage I can't help out with much of the technical info but could the QD = quick disconnect possibly be moved to the shopping list. Might help with the "flow" of the article. My $0.02.

I understand that this is a beginners guide to keg setups, but down the track it might be good to have some more advanced info (although probably in a separate topic) on things like tap types, keg types etc.
I agree totally - separate topics for more specific info.

At this stage I can't help out with much of the technical info but could the QD = quick disconnect possibly be moved to the shopping list. Might help with the "flow" of the article. My $0.02.
Consider it done.

:beer:

Wortgames,

good info. top work.

Here is a spreadsheet I put together to assist with the calculations surrounding setting up a balanced system. I used the info & process off a widely publicised US site but did all of the metric conversions. To make it easy you just need to fill in 4 bits of info about your system. Once entered you are provided with the required line length & pressure (in kpa, psi & bar). The 2nd tab contains 3 carbonation charts, 1 in each unit of measurement (ie kpa, psi & bar).

Feel free to add this spreadsheet into your wiki page - i didn't want to without raising it with you first.

EDIT: For some reason I get an error "The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments." :angry: The file is only 223k!

WG, Send me a PM with your email & I'll post it to you.

Crozdog

Hi croz, just add it to the end of the wiki entry, then it can get incorporated as contributors see fit.

Balancing draught systems may well end up with its own wiki entry anyway (I really just wanted to give an outline for potential and new keggers to get a grasp of what it's involved) so just add it to the bottom for now and we can take it from there.

Hi croz, just add it to the end of the wiki entry, then it can get incorporated as contributors see fit.

Balancing draught systems may well end up with its own wiki entry anyway (I really just wanted to give an outline for potential and new keggers to get a grasp of what it's involved) so just add it to the bottom for now and we can take it from there.

i added a pointer to it in the article as well as added it as an attachment at the end.

Enjoy & hope it helps.

Latest posts

Back