Age Articles On Craftbrewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here here, well said Merc, and a tear to the eye. now, off to relax and enjoy a homebrew!

geez, thats gotta be the longest post on ahb i've read :excl:

good to have your input and response to the questions/requests for a beer themed show merc. too bad the whole commercial side of things usually gets in the way of something like that going forward.

have another beer merc, you've earned it.

Yeah I saw it. Not very exciting for an add. Slow news week mebbe?

Their Blonde rocks though, had many a hang over from it :rolleyes:

geez, thats gotta be the longest post on ahb i've read :excl:

good to have your input and response to the questions/requests for a beer themed show merc. too bad the whole commercial side of things usually gets in the way of something like that going forward.

have another beer merc, you've earned it.

Yes well you have obviously never read anything written by PistolPatch :lol: !

Yes well you have obviously never read anything written by PistolPatch :lol: !

Once the 6 am edit gets done most of Pats are pretty short :D

I think I know the one! dunno about the other 0.3 of a woman though...?
lol beat me to that one!

AGH....1.3 million I meant!!!

I will tell you what else is wrong with beer and promo - Shane Warne! C'mon - an adulterer, a liar, a cheat, an intrinsicly dishonest person selling VB? Yeah well maybe it is a good fit! And I just saw on TV Stuart Mcgill has his own wine show - do these guys know what they are talking about or are the TV networks using them to get an audience at the expense of the product and therefore the consumer? Shame. Sport stars know sport ever met one one that knew beer?

Sport stars know sport ever met one one that knew beer?

Lets not be accused of snobbery now.

These people don't have to know about beer (and what makes you think they don't?), just like the average consumer. Its about marketing and a face or fame can bring the message home effectively.

To answer your question, no, I haven't met any sport stars that know beer, but I have also never met any doctors, actors or chiropractors that know beer either.

WJ

mmmm snails
The lack of rain over the last..good god has it really been 11 years??..has drastically curtailed my snail eating experiences. For those of you who have never had the satisfaction of actually eating your own home harvested snails I am happy to supply full instructions but I digress from the thread....
Look, I fully agree that some of the stuff that emanates from the keyboards of some of the journo's who are tasked to write a lifestyle article about a new beer or beer and food is a bit off target...but at least its getting out there, Penfolds Grange was once early in its life described as "an excellent port", or was that "porter".
It's all about exposure.
If decent or at least different beer is not bought to the publics eye then we will be forever floundering. Mrs Smith in 1955 did not know what Grange was, her husband did not drink it and she was not willing to try anything without the approval of the man of the house, yes, things change, but in order to change they need a start.
We need mags like Beer and Brewer, we need people like Willie Simpson and Luke Scott and a whole heap of others to promote beer...just as the "plonk" of the sixties became a wide range of varietal wines so does the "piss" of today become an Alladin's cave of beer.

K

Lets not be accused of snobbery now.

These people don't have to know about beer (and what makes you think they don't?), just like the average consumer. Its about marketing and a face or fame can bring the message home effectively.

To answer your question, no, I haven't met any sport stars that know beer, but I have also never met any doctors, actors or chiropractors that know beer either.

WJ

Yes well I am an actor that you are replying to that knows a bit about beer so that means you know an actor that knows a bit about beer. As for Chiropractors my dad is a chiropractor and I have been teaching him about beers and he actually honestly likes my home brew, he is an actor also and depending on your age Whistlingjack you may know of him so quite possibly you now know two actors into beer.

regarding the snobbery comment are you accusing me of snobbery?? I have not met Shane but I have been at functions with him and neither of us have made any attempt to say hi - he was too interested in the chicks and me the beer. I have met Simone and she was interested in not much :eek:

Warnie was paid half a million dollars to advertise CUB product.... he was paid a handsome amount to do the quit smoking campaign....wonder what beer he drinks....does he care....he still smokes....I believe in honesty and integrity in TV and commercials...some dont give a rats...I dont think it actually advances the integrity of beer and I find it disappointing.

But that is my view

Yes well I am an actor that you are replying to that knows a bit about beer so that means you know an actor that knows a bit about beer. As for Chiropractors my dad is a chiropractor and I have been teaching him about beers and he actually honestly likes my home brew, he is an actor also and depending on your age Whistlingjack you may know of him so quite possibly you now know two actors into beer.

regarding the snobbery comment are you accusing me of snobbery?? I have not met Shane but I have been at functions with him and neither of us have made any attempt to say hi - he was too interested in the chicks and me the beer. I have met Simone and she was interested in not much :eek:

Oh, I don't know who you are, but if you are an actor that knows beer and you are teaching it to your dad who is a chiropractor (is this for real?), then thats great.

I made the comment "tongue-in-cheek" and with a little lyricism. I do know a lot of medical practitioners, chiropractors and my brother is the partner of a well known actress. No offence intended...

The snobbery comment was directed at all of us, but I used your quote to highlight the sentiment.

Sports stars are consumers too, and some even might know beer.

WJ

my dad is a chiropractor and I have been teaching him about beers and he actually honestly likes my home brew, he is an actor also and depending on your age

Used to remember from the days of World of Sport your dad was pretty handy with his knowledge of boxing too. B)

Warren -

Well, Mercs Own, I just got a PM informing me of your identity.

I sincerely apologise for the remarks, but I honestly did not know who you were. And yes, I do know of your dad.

No hard feelings?

WJ (Feeling a bit like an idiot right now)

PS Did you like the lyricism though?

Perhaps WJ is showing a fig rather than offering an an olive branch???

Perhaps WJ is showing a fig rather than offering an an olive branch???

I'm really not up with this cryptic stuff.

I gather an olive branch is offered as a sign of peace, but a fig?

Please explain. And sorry for the hijack...

WJ

Whistlingjack said:
I'm really not up with this cryptic stuff.

I gather an olive branch is offered as a sign of peace, but a fig?

Please explain. And sorry for the hijack...

WJ

I apologise for my rather heated response, whilst the modern meaning has changed the roots are to show the fig, a reference to informers in the days when figs were a valuable item of trade, often smuggled.
K

I apologise for my rather heated response, whilst the modern meaning has changed the roots are to show the fig, a reference to informers in the days when figs were a valuable item of trade, often smuggled.
K

Still struggling with the analogy...

WJ (dumber than I look)

Edit: Your PM explains it to me, dr K. See yours...

And I just saw on TV Stuart Mcgill has his own wine show - do these guys know what they are talking about or are the TV networks using them to get an audience at the expense of the product and therefore the consumer?

My recollection is that Stu has been involved in the Wine Industry for a long time, has/had his own winery/label, saw something on TV years ago - probably on the Cricket Show during a lunch break on 9. But I could be wrong. A quick hunt around on Google gives this link to convo with Denton: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1666106.htm

Cheers,

GT

Back