Again Free Shipping Costs at BelgianSHop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine's left Belgium a few days ago but hasn't arrived anywhere yet.
He held off with sending mine when I ordered as it was minus 20 degrees at that time in Belgium and he didn't want the bottles to freeze in some post storage warehouse.

Smart man he is...

Most of my order arrived today. Still a few bottles to go, that mustn't have fit in the box. Great packaging, & no excise/tax/customs issues.

First beer (Moinette) is in the freezer now, & will be ready in time for lunch...

Also, judging by the best before dates on the bottles all the beers appear to be quite fresh in that they were made at the end of last year. Excellent.

I received part of my order yesterday and the rest today. All came in crates and packed really well. I'm surprised they came in the crates as you have to leave a deposit for them usually. Not much, but around EUR10.

I shall certainly be ordering from them again as I'll need to be leaving some of the Orval to mature.

A very happy camper here.

Most of my order arrived today. Still a few bottles to go, that mustn't have fit in the box. Great packaging, & no excise/tax/customs issues.

First beer (Moinette) is in the freezer now, & will be ready in time for lunch...

Also, judging by the best before dates on the bottles all the beers appear to be quite fresh in that they were made at the end of last year. Excellent.

Note to self (& others)- although it's extremely exciting to get a package of booze in the mail, your kindly delivery person has invariably had the box upside-down in the delivery process, & the beers will need a few days to settle in the fridge before drinking.

Still tasty, though!

I received one box yesterday and another one today.
Aust Post Delivery guy complained about the weight of
the boxes. Allvery well packed.

Regards

Graeme

eBay seller was good. Arrived this morning, box packed extremely well, customs dec only said "glasses" which probably helped it evade alcotax. B)

WXII.jpg

eBay seller was good. Arrived this morning, box packed extremely well, customs dec only said "glasses" which probably helped it evade alcotax. B)

View attachment 52546

Looking forward to a review once you have allowed to settle. What was the final cost in Australian dollars?

It's tempting.....

Looking forward to a review once you have allowed to settle. What was the final cost in Australian dollars?

It's tempting.....

$150.62 AUD landed. I have 2 in the fridge and 4 in the cellar. Planning to taste parallel with Chimay Blue and Rochefort 10 at some stage.

Got part of the order from the shop today, mixed 24 pack, still waiting on a fair bit more from the shop and the Ebay guy.

It's like christmas! :)

Got nothin'... Not even junk mail today... Think my post office is busy moving... There is always tomorrow...

Hi Guys, As long as you/sender declares the "bottles" as the collectable item your interested in (or was sold), and not the "contents" then duty will not apply.
Most European countries have the same alcohol based duty laws as we do and this is common for small quantities, obviously container loads might raise a few eyebrows.

Can someone who bought from the Belgian beer shop tell me who they ship with?
I have a tracking number, but no idea who it was sent by.

cheers Ross

Thanks Bruce....

Looks like they only sent mine out 2 days ago after I sent them an email on Monday asking for a tracking number.... Grrrr.....
Maybe I shouldn't have sent them an email questioning their pricing....
Interesting that they say that part of the shipping is built into the price, so "free shipping" is questionable.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : CraftBrewer [mailto:[email protected]]
Envoy : vendredi 3 fvrier 2012 04:07
: [email protected]
Objet : Re: BelgianShop : Order RK417520120258 : Order Received Email
Importance : Haute

Hi Guys,

Love your site & being the other side of the world trusted that your prices
are fair. Therefore more than a little disappointed to see that other
retailers are selling the West XII packs for as little as 56Euro ($70) which
even with freight still makes your price appear somewhat outrageous?
Unless I'm missing something?

kind regards

Ross Kenrick

Hi Ross,

I can understand your position, but have you seen the prices proposed on Ebay for example.
Do you know that $320 = +/- 250 Euros? Do you know that a part of the shipping costs is included in the final price? Do you know the correct price to send 12 kilos to Australia or other countries? It's 145. Do you know that we have to refund the total amount of the order if the pack arrived broken? Do you know the price to pay for the packaging? Do you know the number of kilometers I have to drive to the Abbey to purchase the Wesvleteren beers? Do you know the price of the pack includes 21% of TVA that I have to refund to the government and tax. authorities ? Do you know that I have to pay 34% of the benefice to the government and tax. authorities? Do you know the price to keep my website "Online"? .....

And now, really, do you think that I receive an important profit when I sell a pack?

I earn my living on quantity, not on prices.
Why each year, many competitors entering the market, shops and close a few months later? Because the gains are minimal, and must work more than 10 hours a day.

I hope you understand better why prices are so high.

Cheers!!!

Bruno
BelgianShop Team

Hey Ross, "do you know" :p I haven't received mine yet either, no shipping confirmation either, just sent an email query to them so I will keep you posted.

Hope they weren't waiting for me to email them as well.

Andrew

Hey Ross, "do you know" :p I haven't received mine yet either, no shipping confirmation either, just sent an email query to them so I will keep you posted.

Hope they weren't waiting for me to email them as well.

Andrew

Let me know when the turn up, so I know to come over :D

Let me know when the turn up, so I know to come over :D

No worries Kev, you can look at them all you want :lol: , wish they'd hurry up I've been waiting on these to send one to felten for the Xmas lotto draw win.

Latest posts

Back