Ag Recipe's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobo

Reaction score
some of the recipes on the database look really good, but can someone please explain something?

most of them are for a 20-25l batch. is that what those particular guys boiled? i have only one ag under my belt, but to end up with 21l into my fermenter i have to start a boil with something like 30odd litres.

does everyone who uses promash put in those ingredients to that size, then hit 'lock ingredients to batch size' then raise it to the required pre boil target depending on their rig? im asking this as my only brew so far i was aiming for 1066, and becaues of the size of the recipe i made up(21l) i ended up with 1055.

cheers,

Lobo

does everyone who uses promash put in those ingredients to that size, then hit 'lock ingredients to batch size' then raise it to the required pre boil target depending on their rig
yes!

Once you have worked out your efficiency, plug it in.
put the ingredients in and just raise the batch size.

best word of advice I got was ensure of your process is correct.
This way you can eke the the most godis out of the grains.

some of the recipes on the database look really good, but can someone please explain something?

most of them are for a 20-25l batch. is that what those particular guys boiled? i have only one ag under my belt, but to end up with 21l into my fermenter i have to start a boil with something like 30odd litres.

does everyone who uses promash put in those ingredients to that size, then hit 'lock ingredients to batch size' then raise it to the required pre boil target depending on their rig? im asking this as my only brew so far i was aiming for 1066, and becaues of the size of the recipe i made up(21l) i ended up with 1055.

cheers,

Lobo

The batch size in Promash is the final volume of beer you wish to produce , not hte pre boil volume. Promash will calculate your pre boil from information you plug into the system. I suggest you spend some time reading the various help screens to get a better idea on how to use Promash correctly.

You can have Promash calculate your grain bill for a different batch size by inputing the grain bill and batch size for the recipe , ticking the lock batch size box, andd then increasing or decreasing the batch size to whatever volume you require.

Regards

Graeme

most of them are for a 20-25l batch. is that what those particular guys boiled?

No. That is the final batch size, regardless of what your system requires in terms of pre-boil volume.

Back