Ag Brewing Newbie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitcho

Reaction score
Ok.

I am building a new house with the missus in Williamstown, SA (beautiful part of the South Barossa), which I plan to build a shed/bar onto the block (out of 1050m2 I get a whole shed!!!). Anyway, I am thinking of incorporating a bit of a brewery into this shed.

My question is, I have only been doing K and K's at the moment but am keen to set up the equipment to start AG brews.

Would anyone be willing to let me observe them doing a brew to see what's involved (long bow I'm sure....)

Ok.

I am building a new house with the missus in Williamstown, SA (beautiful part of the South Barossa), which I plan to build a shed/bar onto the block (out of 1050m2 I get a whole shed!!!). Anyway, I am thinking of incorporating a bit of a brewery into this shed.

My question is, I have only been doing K and K's at the moment but am keen to set up the equipment to start AG brews.

Would anyone be willing to let me observe them doing a brew to see what's involved (long bow I'm sure....)

Welcome to AHB...........................and boy are you in the right area. Won't be too long and the offers will come, some great guys/brewers close by.

Cheers,

Screwy

Welcome to AHB...........................and boy are you in the right area. Won't be too long and the offers will come, some great guys/brewers close by.

Cheers,

Screwy

Taking a while so far! :D

Just bumping it for you Mitcho.

Cheers and welcome. :beer:

Scott

Some of the best brewing minds on this site are from the Barossa...

Williamstown is a top spot, would have loved to have got a bit of land up there but was a bit too far from the city for my liking.

As for setting up AG I'm sure Dr Smurto will inform you, but it is a lot easier than you think. Jump on youtube to see the process thats what coverted me because seeing a video is just like observing someones brewday.

Good luck with the setup of your shed/brewery!

And there he is! :p

oh c'mon! I taught him everything he knows on the old grumpys forum. :lol: :p

Edit......mitcho, as stated lots of fine brewers round your area. They'll look after you.
Cheers
Steve

oh c'mon! I taught him everything he knows on the old grumpys forum. :lol: :p

Edit......mitcho, as stated lots of fine brewers round your area. They'll look after you.
Cheers
Steve

of cause but you live in Canberra! :rolleyes:

Really looking forward to getting set up in Williamstown, it really is a beautiful little hamlet to live in. We bought in the new estate and got a decent sized piece of land.

C_west, I looked up a few videos on YouTube last night before I posted this original post, and I saw it didn't look as difficult as I first thought and thought I'd ask for some expert help. Would love to see how it's done for real though.

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

Now I just have to gently raise the subject with the squaw......

Cheers,

Mitcho

Really looking forward to getting set up in Williamstown, it really is a beautiful little hamlet to live in. We bought in the new estate and got a decent sized piece of land.

C_west, I looked up a few videos on YouTube last night before I posted this original post, and I saw it didn't look as difficult as I first thought and thought I'd ask for some expert help. Would love to see how it's done for real though.

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

Now I just have to gently raise the subject with the squaw......

Cheers,

Mitcho

yeah mate, your definately right. i watched countless youtube vids and they were great, got 85% of the way there. i got the opportunity to attend a ag demo day at lhbs and it was awesome, a lot of things just clicked when seeing it in the flesh, plus you get to ask heaps of questions. if you get the chance to hook up for a brew day grab it with both hands

cheers
matt

Back