Ag 2row To ? Oatmeal

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still too cloudy for my taste and a bunch of grain hulls still floating around so I ran it through a disc filter as I racked it into a corny. I just barely had enough beer to properly fill it. I tasted the run off from the filter.

I tasted grapefruit, Black Pepper, pistachio and caramel. Not in that order. It had a very bright flavor. I was expecting a muddy rotten flavor like the bannana in a Weissbier. Thankfully no, it was very fresh. I'll let it lager in the kegerator a little while longer.

The rye was a major pain in the arse. I'm glad I did it though.

Here's the recipe for a 23L. I lost a lost of volume in sediment. I had 29L in the primary. You more experienced AGgers likely can do this with greater efficiency.

Cheers to All and Thanks for the help.

Bob
Bottle conditioning on this beer is fantastic. I would like to submit this recipe into the archive. I am still curious about the amount of sediment I found in the primary fermenter. It was easily 7 liters.

The citrus is more lemony now. The mouth-feel has a fun creamy little bubble burst on the tongue going on. Bottle pour showed a light head with thin lacing.

This beer was mostly accidental. I think I am onto something though. Would one of you pro AGers please take a stab at it and clean up the recipe with sound methods, please?

I don't think a simple crush will work. The raw rye is so hard and elastic that it needs it's arse kicked. A cereal mash separate to soften it up may be the way to go. My mashing theory is severely lacking.

All I know is this is a very tasty beer

Latest posts

Back