Adjustable sodastream adaptor and a lost tank - what went wrong?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. No-Tip

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

So when my gifted sodastream adaptor failed to fit the newer tanks, I got the adjustable type that CB sells. I tried it for the first time tonight and initially the adaptor failed to depress the sodastream. I grabbed an allen key and gave it a few turns.

When I started connecting, I began losing gas between the sodastream and the adaptor. I gave it a few good turns and the gas loss stopped...but the reg didn't register. I thought I'd lost the whole tank, but on undoing it, I began losing more gas...even with the reg gone the sodastream kept leaking...had to make a quick run from the room!

I am guessing I turned the adaptor too much and damaged the pin, but wasn't expecting the adaptor to have so little a range that I could damage the sodastream with just a couple turns?

I'm enjoying the bullshite involved with soda stream at the moment. You need to use threading tape and once it's screwed in I wouldn't unscrew it. Make sure everything is tight and threaded with tape and if you want to stop the gas going into the keg take off the disconnect rather than unscrewing the bottle.

I do not trust my old soda stream adapter even with thread tape. I disconnect after every use. A bit exxy
soda stream co2 gold plated...

Latest posts

Back