A Great Man

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowy

Drinker of Kegs, Slayer of Fish & Ruiner of Good F
Reaction score
A great man and a good bloke to have a beer with decided it was all too much yesterday. He was a mate and a good man. Tonight if you are having a beer and feel inclined..............raise a glass to Tuffy he's in a better place I hope.

A great man and a good bloke to have a beer with decided it was all too much yesterday. He was a mate and a good man. Tonight if you are having a beer and feel inclined..............raise a glass to Tuffy he's in a better place I hope.
Really sorry to hear that Rowy, thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Tomorrow is R U OK Day. See Here
Ask someone if they're OK.

We should make everyday RUOK Day.

I've been there, still go there sometimes but have some great mates that care.

RIP Tuffy.

picard.jpg

After a string of long term health issues that are/were really impacting my life I finally decided to sit with my doctor and tell him some of my blackest thoughts, I thought it was going to be hard talking about it but it turned out pretty easy.

Don't ignore it if you are not feeling OK, talk to someone.

One small prescription on a very low dose anti depressant and I am feeling a lot more hopeful.

I feel for Tuffy, his friends and especially his family.

Sorry to hear Rowy. All the best to Tuffy's family & friends.

After a string of long term health issues that are/were really impacting my life I finally decided to sit with my doctor and tell him some of my blackest thoughts, I thought it was going to be hard talking about it but it turned out pretty easy.

Don't ignore it if you are not feeling OK, talk to someone.

One small prescription on a very low dose anti depressant and I am feeling a lot more hopeful.

I feel for Tuffy, his friends and especially his family.
+1

Terribly sad news.

Can we get a sticky put in the "Off Topic" forum with some relevant contact numbers for people going through tough times? I don't see what harm it can cause and may make a difference to someone one day.

Sorry to hear about your mate Rowy.

Having spent some time recently in mental health care if you know of someone who is doing it tough, simply asking them are they ok can go a long way. Services like lifeline and beyond blue are also very good resources. Also, if you (or anyone you know) are having a rough time of it go and see your GP. If they are worth their salt they can open up a whole range of support services.

its a timely reminder that mental health is a real problem affecting real people with far reaching consequences.

My condolences, Rowy to you and his family and friends.

The hole that these leave in the lives of those remain are always hard to bear.

A big +1 to all the comments about seeking help - if for no other reason than for those whom you love and care for.

Goomba

If you are feeling down a visit to your GP for a chat is the best start, they will refer you on to a physcologist if needs be and may recommend a mental health plan, which means your visits to a physc will be heavily subsidised and may only cost you 30 bucks a session (at least in vicco).
Problem with this dreaded disease is that when you need the most help you are often at your most unlikely to ask for it.
Just goes to show that none of us are alone when it comes to these horrible feelings.

RIP Tuffy and condolences to all who knew him.

Muscovy

No good Rowy. My condolences to his family and friends

I've lost two mates in recent years to this disease. With both of them, the first most of us knew of their suffering was when it was all too late. If they'd only realised the army of people that would have done anything to help. To anyone who is struggling with depression, at the very least, let someone know how you're feeling so they can help you.

+1 Rowy. It pays to keep a eye on friends who seem a bit down, this is never a good thing.

Terribly sad news.

Can we get a sticky put in the "Off Topic" forum with some relevant contact numbers for people going through tough times? I don't see what harm it can cause and may make a difference to someone one day.

This isn't a bad idea. Not sure if blokes would use it or not............have to be careful for trolls but if it helped one blokje one day...........it would be worth it. There are blokes on this site that have battled the black dog. Maybe a list of contacts that someone could call....................just random thoughts....................

Doing just that right now Rowy.

To you Tuffy :icon_cheers:

Batz

My problem is Batz is that the funeral is on Tuesday and no doubt all the usual suspects will be on tap at the wake..............is it rude to take your own piss to a wake?

My problem is Batz is that the funeral is on Tuesday and no doubt all the usual suspects will be on tap at the wake..............is it rude to take your own piss to a wake?

Do you think he would have cared if you brought your own piss ? That's what it's all about. I'm guessing Tuffy wouldn't.

Tell someone you care about them. Best thing you can do. Make a person feel wanted. I should do this more, it is never enough.

Raise one to you tuffy

Back