A Great Man

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I raise one to have not had a beer in 3 days (must of been sick!) so this one goes to tuffy. I have felt down at times but always bring myself back up, I dont take much to heart so that may help but yeah I hope if the time comes I would be able to reach out. I guess it would be hard

The main thing is Kelby is that knock around blokes can talk about it now without feeling like a poofter (Not that there's anything wrong with that :eek: ......................before they just took a walk to the shed with a bottle of rum and a shotgun and someone had to call in the cleaners.

Mate thats hard I know what its like I had a mate top him self at 18 wish he had talked to me

The main thing is Kelby is that knock around blokes can talk about it now without feeling like a poofter (Not that there's anything wrong with that :eek: ......................before they just took a walk to the shed with a bottle of rum and a shotgun and someone had to call in the cleaners.

Think of a person you cannot stand to be in the same room as. Someone who shits you so much you cant stand the sound of their voice, the way they look, the way they act, every little thing they do irritates you, the person you hate with a passion.
What happens when this person is yourself?
Depression is a bad headspace to be in. I have lost a few close family freinds to this headspace. Nothing wrong with asking someone are you ok.

Rowy, my condolences to you and your mates family.

Bloody hell Brad for a minute there I thought you must have found that shit I did in your boot at the last case swap :lol: Lets lighten it up gents just jokes from now on.............(I wasn't joking about that shit either Brad :ph34r: )

have you tried ringing BEYOND BLUE and having a chat.i know what depression does.someone very close to me suffers with it.

Bloody hell Brad for a minute there I thought you must have found that shit I did in your boot at the last case swap :lol: Lets lighten it up gents just jokes from now on.............(I wasn't joking about that shit either Brad :ph34r: )

Pretty sure that was your own boot Rowy, you were a bit pissed and confused ;)

only found one person like that brad and it wasnt myself lol. About the only person I truly dislike lol I mean apart from when I was at school but thats different. Wait no there was another guy at work like that to. So I guess 2 :p I see myself as pretty likable but a pain in the arse some times :p

least you didnt shit on his thongs, nothing worse then a late night piss to put your foot in a load of shit lol

That'll explain that smell then :(

Lets lighten it up gents just jokes from now on

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot. One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot.

The young family's 6 year old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers.

She hung around and eventually the construction crew - gems in the rough all of them - more or less adopted her as a kind of project mascot.

They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important. At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope containing a dollar.

The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the dollar pay she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank the teller was equally impressed with the story and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied, "I've been working with a crew building a house all week".

"My goodness gracious", said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week too"?

"I will if those useless bastards at the lumber yard ever bring us the ******* drywall", replied the little girl.

that got me good joke reminds of kevs song I want to be a builder when I grow up

Having had friends in thus position I know it can be hard to talk about. If people wanted there could be an 'access only' section like brewing uni where a topic specific mod has to aporove u to to have access and that way no trolls can get in and people can feel a bit safer about talking freely.

There are services and people out there to help. Please call them if u need to talk. Hell worst case scenario talk to a mate. If they r seashores and Make fun of u or whatever then your no worse off. Then go talk to someone else. There is another solution.

Hard thing for anyoene to go through. Beers to those who knew tuff and his family and friends.

Very sorry to hear, mate. It must be a really tough time.

I know many people who suffer depression. Some closer to home. It's hard work.

The key, as others have said, is to open your mouth and speak to someone. It bloody helps. We all get down from time to time, but we need to just encourage people to talk.

Cheers.

Having had friends in thus position I know it can be hard to talk about. If people wanted there could be an 'access only' section like brewing uni where a topic specific mod has to aporove u to to have access and that way no trolls can get in and people can feel a bit safer about talking freely.

There are services and people out there to help. Please call them if u need to talk. Hell worst case scenario talk to a mate. If they r seashores and Make fun of u or whatever then your no worse off. Then go talk to someone else. There is another solution.

Hard thing for anyoene to go through. Beers to those who knew tuff and his family and friends.

Yep, talking to a seahorse is better than nothing.

Sorry for making jokes - I feel very strongly about the devastating effects of depression and support any action that might save a life.

I heard on the radio the other day that suicide is THE biggest killer of men in the 18-44yo age group (I've tried to find stats to support this with no luck, however). Given that most of the AHB community probably falls into that demographic, or thereabouts, I made a suggestion that an airlocked notice be available in one of the forums with numbers for Beyond Blue, Lifeline, etc with maybe some general info re depression.

I was thinking more about making info available via a locked notice, rather than a dedicated thread. Hell, I wouldn't mind if there was a big notice on the main forum page, but understand that this might be OTT.

Are there more supporters of this?

Latest posts

Back