A Few Recent Homebrews

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildschwein

Reaction score
Here's a few beers that I have made recently.

Coopers Bitter aged for three months in the bottle. Just a 1.7kg can of Coopers Bitter, a 1kg bag of Coopers brew enhancer 2, and the kit yeast, all made up to 23 litres. Fermented at 16C for two weeks before bulk-priming and bottling. Served at winter room temp it has a nice deep bitterness and oaky character. Simple and cheap.

Coopers Bitter

I'm calling this one a Boutique Candi Lager. It's actually a little lighter than the pic makes out. This brew used a 1.7kg can of Farmland Lager purchased from Coles, a 1kg bag of Coopers brew enhancer 2, 20g of Saaz hops pellets (aroma) and 500g of homemade Belgian candi sugar cooked to a deep amber. This was fermented with a W34/70 lager yeast at about 10C for three weeks before bulk-priming and bottling. No diacetyl rest. The final result is a very consumable lager with slight toffee notes partly due to the candi sugar. A great session beer.

Candi Lager

This one I call an Australian Heritage Draught. It was made with a 1.7kg can of Wander Draught, 500g of dried light malt extract, 500g of dark dried malt extract, 200g raw sugar, 20g of Saaz hops pellets (aroma) and a steep of 20g of chocolate malt, 40g of homemade roasted barley, and 100g of crystal malt. The brew was fermented at 16-18C for around 10 days with the kit yeast, which is an ale. The final result is a very consumable beer with a fruity aroma and a very nice toasted malt character. The colour is a nice deep amber hue and the beer has a slight sweetness. Another great session beer that's very easy drinking.

Heritage Draught

Damn you are making me thirsty!

Beers look great, well done.

Back