A "Digg Like" Brewing News Site

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer-Smith

Reaction score
Hello all,
I put this site together a little over a week ago, and it seems tobe catching on: BrewPoll Home Brewing News

Its a "digg-like" homebrewing site where you can submit stories to the "Upcoming" tab and vote those stories to the front page. Anyone can vote, so be sure to drop a few votes if you visit the site.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the site? Good idea or not?

Thanks,
Brad

I like the look of it.
I've added the front page feed to my NetVibes portal.

Doc

Good info there Brad. The videos are especially useful to new brewers. A picture speaks a thousand words.

Cheers, Hoges.

Good info there Brad. The videos are especially useful to new brewers. A picture speaks a thousand words.

Thanks everyone,
The neat thing is that I'm not the one that submitted most of the stories...anyone can create an account and submit a story.

Be sure to check out the "Upcoming News" tab and drop a few votes there. Quite a few of the stories there are on the verge of getting promoted to the front page - they just need a few more votes.

I appreciate your thoughts - let me know if I can do anything to improve it...

Brad

Awesome stuff, I'll definately be using it to link to from my own site. Thanks Brad!!!

The little time I have got on a computer I am spending 80% of it on this new site. :unsure:

heh..good concept. Lots of reading there. And lots of links going of on beer trips.

I especially liked the link I found to Democracy's Drink.

cheers
johnno

Bindi,
I see one of your articles made the BrewPoll front page!

There is a steady flow of articles and votes, and I think this is turning out to be a great resource.

Thanks for the positive feedback - it takes some sweat to make these ideas a reality so I'm happy to see that others share my vision.

Thanks,
Brad

All,
Don't mean to upset anyone by bumping this, but we're up to well over 125 beer articles on the site now and almost 100 registered people submitting. There are lots of great articles on the site including both home brewing and craft beer.

Please consider submitting your favorite brewing sites or at least drop a few votes (no account needed) on the upcoming page next time you visit.

Thanks again,
Brad

Latest posts

Back