A case of over-carbonation in bottles!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done this brew a while back and I think it was very prone to creating a huge head when pouring. I didn't think much of it at the time as it didn't really last that long as it went down a bit too well..

I don't use drops, just normal white sugar and I'm too lazy to measure. A heaped teaspoon per 2l PET bottle seems to work for me and the 2l bottle size is just perfect, though the last pint ends up a bit yeasty but it doesn't really matter with heavier ales etc and adds to the taste.

decr said:
I've done this brew a while back and I think it was very prone to creating a huge head when pouring. I didn't think much of it at the time as it didn't really last that long as it went down a bit too well..

I don't use drops, just normal white sugar and I'm too lazy to measure. A heaped teaspoon per 2l PET bottle seems to work for me and the 2l bottle size is just perfect, though the last pint ends up a bit yeasty but it doesn't really matter with heavier ales etc and adds to the taste.
The brew recipe uses 1.5kg of light dry malt with the can as against 1kg with most other kits.
Don't know if that would cause more head?

jackgym said:
The brew recipe uses 1.5kg of light dry malt with the can as against 1kg with most other kits.
Don't know if that would cause more head?
The extra light dry malt would end with higher final gravity then if some dex or sugar was used and froth up more.

wynnum1 said:
The extra light dry malt would end with higher final gravity then if some dex or sugar was used and froth up more.
Probably needed just 1 carb. drop per 750 PET bottle in this case.

This thing would have probably carbed up by itself... I just used around 1.2kg of ldme I had at the time topped off with dex. Came out great.

Latest posts

Back