8.5kg lpg Gas swap Bunnings Melb $14.89

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same in Wangaratta yesterday too. I guess they are looking at screwing some more little blokes out of business and then jack the prices back up once all competition is gone. Arseholes.

CoopsOz said:
Same in Wangaratta yesterday too. I guess they are looking at screwing some more little blokes out of business and then jack the prices back up once all competition is gone. Arseholes.
To be fair, I remember 5 years ago before there was much of this 'swap and go' thing going on, the little guy around the corner from me used to do fills for $15 so it's basically the cost that it should be

One of my local petrol stations now has 9kg (I assume nominal weight) LPG refills for $12.99.
Has been priced like this for about 6 weeks so far.
Much better than $32+ for a swap at the closest petrol station.

Just did an online check for the local Green Shed. $22.98 here (for 8.5 kg swap). Nowhere near as good as your prices, but still much better than normal!

antiphile said:
Just did an online check for the local Green Shed. $22.98 here (for 8.5 kg swap). Nowhere near as good as your prices, but still much better than normal!
My local BCF in Coffs fills for $19
haven't gone looking about in Muswellbrook for prices, I know Shell down town do $22 swap and go, though

antiphile said:
just remember, they have to match prices from their other stores!

Anyone know if a 8.5kg swap bottle is actually 8.5kg? Or is it a 9kg bottle filled to 8.5kg?

Les the Weizguy said:
One of my local petrol stations now has 9kg (I assume nominal weight) LPG refills for $12.99.
Has been priced like this for about 6 weeks so far.
Much better than $32+ for a swap at the closest petrol station.
That same station had them for $9.99 for a while i got 4 filled at that price before they went up $3. i drove past yesterday and there is no price on the sign any more just 88 88 hope they haven't gone up again.

osprey brewday said:
That same station had them for $9.99 for a while i got 4 filled at that price before they went up $3. i drove past yesterday and there is no price on the sign any more just 88 88 hope they haven't gone up again.
airport servo lpg $9.99 for 9kg refill got 4 filled today they said they are on sale norm $12.99 all filled on the spot in around 15 mins
no affiliation

Latest posts

Back