• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

700l Chest Freezer (fs Melb)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple

Talkin' bout a Rye-volution
Reaction score
Anyone in the market for a 700L Chest Freezer? This is the same size (believe make and model too) as the one Citymorgue2 has done up into a 10 keggerator unit - see his link in signature for more details on conversion (or click here).

Just about to move house, and there is zero allocation space for this unit, so will have to down-size to a ~215L unit. It's been running with a tempmate for a year and a half without any hiccups, it's previous life was holding icecream in a shop (not me, but the guy I bought it from.

Be warned, this is a big unit, but have had it fermenting 5 carboys, and still room to spare.

looking for $450 (which doesn't quite cover the new small guy), but in fairness, paid a bit more than that for it too.

I can't haul it, so you'll need to arrange pick up from Eastern Subs.

interested? shoot me a PM. (and no, it doesn't come with the tempmate, going to still need that, sorry)

Maple.

Wtf!! Your selling this?! Amazed.

I can vouch for this unit. Ultra clean (hell of a lot cleaner than mine). Anyone wanting a great unit for kegging etc this is great. Currently in my 700L freezer I have a 50l keg, 6 19L cornies, 4 cubes and about 14 700ml pet bottles of yeast.

These are great

I wish :( Have been doing the hard yards trying to convince SWMBO, but thus far no joy.

Good luck selling it Maple (shouldn't be too hard, its a great keg fridge)

daaamn, too far away, i need one too. siighhh...

pft, it's like the US armed forces, don't ask don't tell :)
Yeah, that's how I did it, but it's not something that just sits away inconspicuously in the corner - that was where it came unstuck for me....

Although the price I had to pay once she did see it was dear, it was worth it in the end. (your mileage may vary).

I'm tempted ti buy this as its so new and shiny compared to mine.

Id be trying harder mark. youve seen mine in action.

I'm tempted ti buy this as its so new and shiny compared to mine.

Id be trying harder mark. youve seen mine in action.

What are the dimensions Dave? Might see if I can make space somewhere... Problem is that I reckon it won't fit, but these babies don't come around everyday.

A few photos. Solid unit, a few rust signs coming through on the top, but never bothered me, quick prime and paint and she'd be sweet. Dims are: w1690mm x d750mm x h920mm.

IMG_0937_2.jpg
IMG_0938_sm.jpg

Dims are: w1690mm x d750mm x h920mm.

Just measured up and there is no way it fits at my place without removing a wall or replacing the shed... Regrettably, I'll have to pass this time Dave.

Brewers, I can't emphasize enough just how good these chesty's are for kegging... Get on board and snap this baby up.

Couple of pics of my chesty for anyone doubting how great these are

2011_07_30_16.09.06.jpg

2011_07_30_16.09.24.jpg

Peaky. Seriously have a think about what might want in the future as if u think u might want.more than 4 kegs then yore better off getting what u need now. I started with 4 kegs and moved to 12. U dont have. to get celi taps. U could get perlicks or any thing. Ross at craft brewer would do u a great deal like me. Aussie dollar is highand a good time to buy

My 700L is one of the best things ive bought. I'd ben dissapoointed if I had of bought a fridge. And u can still usr ur fridge as a fermentation fridge so its win win

Just keep it outside. Mine is and its fine.

Sorry man, ran upgradi.g my chesty to this past minister for finance and it was rejected.

Ok kids, special one time offer, she goes on eBay this weekend. If it doesn't sell, I'll find a place for it. Now the offer. $300 bones. That's right, $300. Really don't feel like moving it to the new house.

If that's not enough, for $500, I'll throw in a 4 tap font. No, I will not only sell the font, I have plans for it, but in the interest of moving this thing, there it is. The font does not come with taps, it's just as I bought it harvested out of a pub. Will need new line and and taps.

U victorians r insane for not snatching this up

SOLD - pending pick-up.

thanks guys, all done, and she's got a new home to go to.

U victorians r insane for not snatching this up

I know, I thought the same. I'm in the market for a chestie but due to the size of our current house, can only do a 320L or so. But an absolute steal for anyone with space to accommodate.

Latest posts

Back