70,000 Beer Cans

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Who rents their investment property ?

Doc

From here

Holy cow! Tenant leaves behind 70,000 empty beer cans

OGDEN, Utah -- When a Utah man moved out of his townhouse, his landlord found quite a collection -- an estimated 70,000 beer cans.

After a massive clean-up effort, the cans were recycled for about $800.

:eek: :eek:

8 * 365 = 2920

70'000 / 2920 = 24 Cans a day. A case a day? how true can this be? The figures sound exagerated.

Here's the same story with pictures. Don't think it was exaggerated, Finite.

The water and heat were shut off, apparently on purpose by the tenant, who evidently drank Coors Light beer exclusively for the eight years he lived there.

The cans were recycled for 800 dollars, an estimated 70,000 cans: 24 beers a day for 8 years.

Even if it tastes like water, 24 beers a day is incredible. :blink:

i met a bloke who'd average 12 beers every night after work (big fat *******)
so i guess if he could've started in the morning on lights, he'd be able to do 24 a day.
isn't beer really cheap in the states?

Doc said:
Who rents their investment property ?

Doc

From here

Holy cow! Tenant leaves behind 70,000 empty beer cans

OGDEN, Utah -- When a Utah man moved out of his townhouse, his landlord found quite a collection -- an estimated 70,000 beer cans.
<snip>
After a massive clean-up effort, the cans were recycled for about $800.
<snip>
[post="128224"][/post]​

Too bad he did not live next to this bloke.

Beer Can House

He could have added another wing or two.

cheers
johnno

Stuster said:
Here's the same story with pictures. Don't think it was exaggerated, Finite.

The water and heat were shut off, apparently on purpose by the tenant, who evidently drank Coors Light beer exclusively for the eight years he lived there.

The cans were recycled for 800 dollars, an estimated 70,000 cans: 24 beers a day for 8 years.

Even if it tastes like water, 24 beers a day is incredible. :blink:
[post="128233"][/post]​

Hey Stuster.
What is the link ? I want to check out the piccies.

Beers,
Doc

Doh! Sorry for that. Must slow down after the 13th beer of the day.

Link is here. :rolleyes:

BTW, tangent, in America, light beers are not necessarily lower in alcohol, just a diet thing so they are low in carbs. :blink: Coors light is apparently 4.2%, making his effort doubly impressive/stupid.

HAHAHAHAHA Holy Shit:
67068.jpg

how much is a carton? We'd be able to work out how much money he spent on beer over the years...

peas and corn
I did that with a friend who was a pack a day smoker (horizon 50s I think if memory serves me right) I worked out how much cash that was at the time for the number of years he had been smoking. If he saved the money in the bank it was enough for a new mercedes. Needless to say he was not impressed by my calculations.

I did something similar in the Public Service when I was having a whone about smokers.
I put in for a weeks extra leave as I did not take three 15 minute cigarette breaks 5 days a week for 45 weeks of the year which comes up at just over 7 days, told this was silly but while they were having a smoke I was working.
They finally banned smoking in the offices and this is where all the staff vanished to 3 times a day.
So much for social justice.
Also worked with a diabetic pisspot who downed 24 cans a day and 48 on weekends, when he was on standby no alcohol was allowed and he found himself in the agonising state of advanced sobriety for a week.
He took a package from the State and bought a pub, lasted about 6 months from what I have heard, he died about 2 years ago aged 64, I was surprised he madfe it that far.

A recent doco of SBS called Drinking for England showed a bloke who had 10 to 12 pints every night at the pub. Then he'd round it off with some spirits because that much beer "makes you feel a bit bloated." No shit, Sherlock.

Then the lazy f*#! would have his wife come and pick him up.

At least he wasn't driving home.

peas_and_corn said:
how much is a carton? We'd be able to work out how much money he spent on beer over the years...
[post="128390"][/post]​

beer is quite cheep in the US. a 6 pack of coors light can cost as little as $4. A case a day.... around $62,000 australian dollars

So is that what yanks would refer to as the 'can' room.

'Yo homey, i'm off to the can'

67068.jpg

Back