6 months to plan epic brew day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
citymorgue2 said:
Mate go forth and brew like hell. Im just trying to help u contingency plan. Your doing your planning so thats great.
The 6 p's. Piss poor planning produces piss poor performance.
Photos or time lapse. Pls.
Rock on bro.
or the 7 P's

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance :D

I agree with CM about your heating up of strike and sparge water. Im only 10 minutes away, so If you need a hand on the day I could bring my 60L kettle around. It runs on gas with a medium pressure reg and Italian Spiral Burner. Heats up 60L of water faster than an urn would...
Love your work.
Cheers

What an epic day indeed. I haven't yet seen anyone offer to bottle the lot yet though... :ph34r:

teh spellingz

Sounds like another GoldCLUB brew day I think!!! Get the brothers together and we can help out!

Just saw its a Tuesday though....bugga...might see if I can get a couple of days off but it is a the busy time of the year for me though.

Sounds like hard work. I remember back in the day doing back to back 40L brews on a 3V: absolutely exhausted!

tricache said:
Just saw its a Tuesday though....bugga...might see if I can get a couple of days off but it is a the busy time of the year for me though.
summer solstice is 21st Dec which is a Saturday this year.

EDIT: pardon me - you're right: the longest day is the tuesday prior.

kegs23 said:
was thinking after we just had the shortest day on Saturday of the year,and only 6 months till the longest day, i might start planing a epic brew day from sunrise to sunset,
sunrise in brisbane 4.49am
sunset in brisbane 6.43pm
total 13h 52min
so was thinking of getting all my summer brewing done in one day, so would have extra time to relax over the xmas break,
i am thinking i could get around 9 brews done on a 3 tier system useing gas
and another 6 done useing my urn as a boiler and it sitting on the other side of my 3 tier system,
all brews will be cubed and put straight in the pool to cool down,
i guess now i just need to find 15 different beers to brew up,

1.pilsner
2 kolsch
3 apa
4 nelson summer ale
5 mosiac summer ale
6 black ipa
7 choc/coffee stout
8 american wheat
9 California common

i see what come up in the next few weeks to add to the beer list,
thats 15 beers to the beer gods i think i might be a little drunk by the end
The gaps need to be filled (partly) with a Belgian, A german wheat, an Irish red and an Aussie Lager, maybe an Aussie Ale too.

just quick update ,
i have just put a second element into my ern (its a 2400w) so this will ramp up the speed to boil after mash out)
i will be pluging it into a second circuit so not to trip out the power,

so this means i will now have 140L HLT gas burner med regulater
/ \
/ \
38l mash tun 38l mash tun
/ \
/ \
70l pot gas burner med regulater 40l birko urn with extra 2400w element
/ \
21L cube 21l cube
/ \
pool pool

i have a large sink in the shed with two bowls to wash everthing and a hanging hose to use to rinse everything so i dont need to go out side of the shed to clean anything,
i brewed up 10 cubes in a day once and the bin was to heavy for the truck to pick up and had to shovel some out into the bin next door,no worst smell than garbage mixed with fermenting grain
mabe me thow up in my mouth a few times,so i think some of the grain will be going straight into the garden this time,will have to do a test boil in my 70l pot to get the level spot on as i mainly do doubles and it works out 11cm from top to get two cubes,but boil off might be a little different with half the water,
so i guess now i need my recipe done up in beer smith and a good playlist of some good metal and punk to get me though the day

i think a gantt chart my confuse a common man

This should definately be planned as a one man show. The other guys should all show up to drink beer, eat sausage sandwitches and sledge all day. :lol: :p

The BleachersIfYouWillPunkin

Have you finalized the 15 beers?

p.s how is the time lapse camera coming along?

+1 for the Gantt chart. That will be a seriously nested set of activities.

You either have huge cajones or you're as stupid as I am. I've always said that stupid will take you where courage fears to tread ;) Loving hearing about this!

Mardoo said:
+1 for the Gantt chart. That will be a seriously nested set of activities.

You either have huge cajones or you're as stupid as I am. I've always said that stupid will take you where courage fears to tread ;) Loving hearing about this!
im not that smart(some may say stupid) but i can lift heavy things

I think a frame every 75 seconds will make an un-watchable video with the amount of movement that is going on. Sure it might be a good speed to watch plants grow, but moving people? then speed that up to 20+ fps and you'll just see blurs..

I also second prior preparation prevents piss poor performance :)

Good luck bro!

Back